New Mexico

Photography

Does anyone have any reccomendations? I know I probably should have already booked them, but I've been putting it off.

I'm looking at Blue Rose, and  Bryan's photography. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I'm not looking at Kevin's or any of the others that have really high prices. But I'm willing to look at others who are reasonable.

Hoping people might have some ideas.

Re: Photography

• edited December 2011
    http://www.creativeportraitsbydolores.com/

Sorry if it's not clicky...Safari doesn't cooperate with clicky links.
    Damn you Nest for screwing up my siggy!

.: Diary of a Recovering Runner :.

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    My SIL used Bryan's Photography for her wedding in 2008. She had her photographer selected from there and the day of the wedding she was told that he had something else scheduled. Bryan's got some freelance photographer to fill in for him and the pictures were pretty bad. Maybe it was just a fluke but for that amount of money, you would think scheduling conflicts wouldn't happen.

I don't know about Blue Rose but you should check some of the older posts from last year. I think it was covered.
  • Caraydo84Caraydo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got a 2 bad references from bryans that said the same thing, the person who was supposed to do their wedding wasn't who showed up and the pictures came out terrible. One of those brides went to Sweet williams photography for a reshoot after they came back from their honeymoon and that's who we decided to go with.

we never looked at blue rose.
    November '10 SC: Favorite Fictional Coupleimagemy BIO updated 10/20/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • libraleolibraleo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can go with Eric Cousineau.  www.ericcousineau.com He did our engagement photos.  They were beautiful.  Our wedding photographer is Sergio at www.sergiophotographer.com and I'm really excited(Eric isn't doing our wedding photos because he's attending the wedding as a guest).  Sergio's work is pretty amazing.  I'm not sure what your budget is, though.  With all the photographers we looked at and for what we wanted(my fiance is a photographer so he wanted to drop some cash on good photographs) they are both on the reasonable end on of the spectrum.  Some photographers charge $8,000 to $10,000.  Neither Eric or Sergio are that expensive so I was happy with what we're spending.  You could also look at Twin Lens at www.twinlensimages.com.
  • mmozesmmozes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thatcherdorn you can see his stuff at thatcherdorn.com. He is really good if you like more photojournalist "capture a moment" type photography.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Jody with jody cooper photography and absolutely loved her! Have not one complaint, and she's super affordable!

Sorry this is so late but just got back to the boards.

Best of luck!
  • zoeandersonzoeanderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Jamie Clifford. She is a personal friend and is relocating to New Mexico from the midwest.  Her work is awesome and she is just a great person!

• jadewright1jadewright1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with sweet william photography. We just had our engagement photos done and they were amazing. He is down to earth and I really appreciate working with him. If you would like to see our photos or get more of a reference send me a personal message I would be more than happy to share. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards