New York-Hudson Valley

Floral Budget?

How much is the "norm" to spend on flowers and what do you get out of it? I'm budgeting 4k for flowers... is that too much or too little?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Floral Budget?

• edited December 2011
    That sounds like a lot to me since that is how much I am spending on food.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Flowers are one of those things that vary alot. Depends on # of tables, # of people in the wedding party, kinds of flowers you want.  My flower budget was $1000, we spent $1200.
  • edited December 2011
    spending $2500
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sounds like alot to me too but I also think it depends on the types of flowers you are having, etc. 

I think we spent 1500-1800
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

That sounds good to me.  It really depends on how many tables you'll have (more tables=more centerpieces), how many bouquets for BM, bouts for GM and what type of flowers you like.  Our budget was $3600 and we came in a little under bc we ended up a few tables less than we expected.

• MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like all the above said it varies, we had 35 tables, so it all depends

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We spent $1000 but didn't have centerpieces - that was bouquets, bouts, and altar arrangements.
    I'm attending a wedding in August where the bride spent $8k on flowers. They're spending about as much on flowers as they are on the reception.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_floral-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:4a141074-199a-4366-a540-94c2f74d6779Post:aaf79604-c2f7-4560-869e-6a1e31c8895c">Re: Floral Budget?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Flowers are one of those things that vary alot. Depends on # of tables, # of people in the wedding party, kinds of flowers you want.  My flower budget was $1000, we spent $1200.
    Posted by Bat937[/QUOTE]

Ditto this! Practically exactly! (Wanted to spend about $800. Ended up being $1300. My mom insisted that a flower shop do the bouquets. I would have been happy going to Stop and Shop. They did the centerpieces and IMO the flowers were better than the bouquets)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_floral-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:4a141074-199a-4366-a540-94c2f74d6779Post:67aa2ee9-0c83-4541-b512-2ac18362de5e">Re: Floral Budget?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We spent $1000 but didn't have centerpieces - that was bouquets, bouts, and altar arrangements. </strong>I'm attending a wedding in August where the bride spent $8k on flowers. They're spending about as much on flowers as they are on the reception.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

same here, just under $1k, but no centerpieces.  The venue did them for me as part of my package, didnt think it was ncecessary to spend the extra money. But it all depends on type of flower and # of tables like the pp's said
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    We're spending $700 - but the centerpieces are not floral and my SIL is doing the decorations for the gazebo in toile and silks and I'll toss a bouquet of silks.

So, the $700 accounts for:  my bouquet, MOH and 4 bridesmaids bouquets, FI, BM and 4 groomsmen boutineers - 2 corsages for the Moms and 2 boutineers for the Dads.
  • edited December 2011

I just spent about $1000, but we are only having 7 tables and no extras for the church or anything.  That is just the 7 tables, my bouquet and MOH, Bouts for FI, BM and fathers and something for the mothers too.

I think flowers are beautiful, but I really struggled with spending so much on something that I am for the most part going to be giving away at the end of the day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards