Massachusetts-Boston
Options

What Size & how many Flip Flops for Wedding Guests?

Hi Everyone!

Seems I've gone into planning overload this week lol.. this is my 3rd post in 2 or 3 days :)

Has anyone ordered flip flops for their wedding guests? I'd like to do so but not sure how many to order or what sizes? We have approximately 160 guests 50/50 men and women and I was thinking maybe 50 pairs:
20 - Size 7
20 - Size 8
5 - Size 6
5 - Size 9

Do you think that would work? Or should I increase the size 8s to 25 and leave the size 7 at 15?
?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?

Re: What Size & how many Flip Flops for Wedding Guests?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    dont forget people with 10 and 11. i work with shoes and most popular sizes range from 7.5 to 9.5, but we have tons that are 6s and 11s
    Anniversary
  • Options
    pruemunropruemunro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Karmellah, this is very helpful!
    Perhaps I'll increase the size 9s and add a few 11's as well. Thank you! :)
    ?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they're too big, people with small feet can still wear them.  If they're too small, they're just too small. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we had 180 guests (almost half were women - various ages), we purchased 60 pairs of flip flops in sizes 5 -10 and had about 12 left over at the end of the night - obviously the older women didn't take them :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Boston Bride, thanks so much! Do you remember how many of each size you bought?
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had about 85 guests, half female.  We got 35 pairs of flip-flops.  I got them at Michaels & they came in XS/S/M/L/XL.  We have 5 XS left over. 

I can't remember what I got size-wise, but it was mostly the middle sizes or larger.  I got some of the XS bc we had some kids, but I ended up with more of those left over (so if anyone is interested in some inexpensive XS flip flops let me know!).
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

we ended up doing 9 pairs each of size: 10, 9, 8, 7 & 6 and then 5 pairs of size 5 --- we didn't do size 11

We got them at Old Navy during the summer flip flop sale and ended up buying them in our 3 wedding colors -- you can find a pic of what our FF basket looked like in my siggy for sale link...hope this helps you out in your planning :)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks so much BostonBride, this is SO helpful, I looked at Old Navy and hope to grab some on sale, I'm hoping they may have a sale soon as we get closer to winter.  I saw on your Sale link that you had 'Share your Photos with us', did you setup a website for people to upload onto? Such a cute idea! What sign did you put on your flip flop basket? It looks so sweet but I couldnt read what you had put on it :)

• Options
    jay10jay10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i posted a 25% coupon for old navy yesterday!! i bought 40 pairs, 120 guests
    i did half 8, half 7 - sorry anyone else but I think most ppl fit into this size category! I did the size by color too so ppl wont take forever to find their size :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just out of curiosity, why do people do this?  

Why would you want to put on a pair of cheap flip flops?  I find that these are more likely to hurt my feet than any pair of nice heels could ever hurt them... 

I'm shocked that so many people seem to provide them, and that so many guest take them...  
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Seprincipe, I felt the same as you a little while ago and then I recently attended a destination wedding that required us to walk soo far to the after party that I would have paid someone $100 for a pair of flip flops, my feet were killing me lol.  Normally I have a car when it's a local wedding and would put a pair of flats in there but as we were away I didnt have the luxury and that was the selling point for me, if people dont use them I'll send them back for a refund :)
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got the following in Chinese cotton Mary Janes (which worked better than flip flops, particularly for older guests, as they can be worn with hose and don't come off as easily during dancing):
    • * One size 5
    • * Four size 6 
    • * Five size 7
    • * Two size 8
    • * Five size 8½
    • * Four size 9
    • * Two size 10

In the flip flops, we got the following:

• * One size XS
    • * Four size S
    • * Ten size M
    • * Five size L