Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Last Names

Who likes their FI/H's last name?  Does anyone not like it?  Will be you changing your last name or hyphenating it?

Re: Last Names

• Options
    edited December 2011

To be honest, at first I really didn't like the idea of giving up my last name.  I love my last name, but slowly I came to enjoy the fact of having my future husband's last name. 
    I did think about hyphenating it, but I work for a tax preparation company and have found out that hypenated last names are sort of a hassel for documentations and preparations.  So, I nixed that idea quickly. 
    Anyone else's thoughts on your new or to-be new last name?

• Options
    sassygal29sassygal29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like my FI last name and since my last name has already been passed on to my brother's son; I know it doesn't die if I don't change it.  Plus, I want to have his last name and know it is important to him. 

No hyphenating it here :)

One of my friends legally changed her middle name to her maiden name.  However she had a cool maiden name that worked for a middle name
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like my H's last name, but I decided to keep mine. I really don't like how it sounds with my first name, and I don't want to be called "Mrs. Hislastname." I still cringe whenever that happens, and I'm sure that will happen a lot. I thought about hyphenating, but there are just too many documents already out there that I would have to change, lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    Chrismben0716Chrismben0716 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't mind his last name...and I will not have to deal with people not being able to spell it or even say it!!! However, I do think I will miss my last name alot and it will certainly take awhile to get use to it. However, it is really important to him so while I will miss my name I will be thrilled to have his!!!
    April 2012 May Siggy Challenge! Favorite Gift kitchenaid May siggy Anniversary
  • Options
    I changed mine, I never liked my last name, and I actually pretended to "change" my last name to his as a child because I liked it (before I ever knew him off course).  I wish I would have kept my last name at work however.  It's been a real pain since I've been there for 5 years and clients and coworkers new me as name A and not name B. 
  • Options
    I'm not changing mine!!
  • Options
    I will be changing mine. My FI has a last name that is easily made fun of...I'm already receiving jabs about it at work, but I'm still looking forward to being his Mrs. My son, however, will keep my maiden name so that it can be carried on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards