Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Need a Pianist for the ceremony! Where to look?

We need to hire a pianist for our wedding ceremony and aren't sure where to look. Any ideas or past experiences?

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need a Pianist for the ceremony! Where to look?

• Options
    I've played for a few, but don't really consider myself accomplished enough to play for money.  But, I would check with the U of MN music dept - maybe there's some boards there where people are looking for gigs.  Or, any of the other colleges around here would be good too.

I know I've seen a few at the couple of wedding fairs I've gone too.  Not sure how they are priced though.
  • Options
    I have a friend who is an accomplished pianist (piano performance major, teaches piano lessons, etc.)  PM me if you want her number and I can let her know you'll be calling.  I don't know how much she charges because she gave her services to us as a gift but I can personally vouch for her talents!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_need-a-pianist-for-the-ceremony-where-to-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:08c02d8d-2ecb-4c9d-9863-e524ae4331f0Post:0b3eddb7-5588-45cc-9fae-bbe3c2dcbdbb">Re: Need a Pianist for the ceremony! Where to look?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a friend who is an accomplished pianist (piano performance major, teaches piano lessons, etc.)  PM me if you want her number and I can let her know you'll be calling.  I don't know how much she charges because she gave her services to us as a gift but I can personally vouch for her talents!
    Posted by wittyschaffy[/QUOTE]

I am also looking an just private messaged you!
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Here is another place to look:

http://www.gigmasters.com/Search/Piano-Minneapolis-MN.html

We actually found our wedding band on this web site. They have several pianists listed, you can hear their music samples online and they also list their price ranges. There are also reviews, too. Our band was excellent and we were glad we found them on GigMasters. It was really nice to listen to a lot of music samples online, it saved a lot of time.
  • Options
    My brother is studying piano at college and has played for 2 or 3 weddings.  He's very flexible with what type of music you want etc.and very reasonable with prices.  Send me a message if you are interested.
  • Options
    I lucked out here because my brother was a double major in college including music performance and he will be our pianist :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards