California-Orange County

Totally frustrated!!!

I am getting crazy frustrated trying to plan our wedding! With 150 guests and a $10K budget for EVERYTHING it seems impossible! I was thinking an appetizer reception might cut some of the cost? Any ideas/feedback on having a nice wedding on a small budget I appreciate!

Re: Totally frustrated!!!

• lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Appitizers are a smart way to do it--just make sure your wedding is early or late--NOT AT DINNER TIME.  I have also been to weddings were the mom/family made desserts and cookies and they hired an espresso guy for coffee and dessert....this was an afternoon wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    get married on a day other than saturday.. depending on your venue that can be cheaper too. also think outside the box. maybe a park wedding with a bbq after will work better than a traditional venue with sit down dinner... that would be near impossible on your budget unless you get rid of decorations, etc. or if you're set on having a more traditional style wedding, maybe postpone the date to save extra money, or cut your guest list some.
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sunday afternoons can be cheaper then Saturdays - and you will definatley save a lot by going the appetizer route. A big chunk of costs come from food/drinks for guests.

I understand your frustration and stress, it can be hard doing a budget wedding (especially in this area!). But it can be done! There are lots of little DIY ideas that can add up on savings, and as always the forums here have been helpful in finding lots of great ideas/tips.

I wish you the best of luck! Never be afraid to ask for help from family/friends either. I'm NOT crafty at all, so a lot of my DIY ideas friends/family have been more help then I could explain :)
  • edited December 2011
    Stonefire Grill quoted their catering for $10/person (so hard to find in this area). and they're delicious!

Other than that, I would agree with the PP - Sunday weddings tend to be cheaper, and don't hesitate to ask for help and look for connections. It's amazing how willing people are to help when it comes to your wedding day.

I ended up getting my dress for $400 (Maggie Soterro, never worn, but already altered to my size), my friend lent me expensive jewelry and gave me a tiara, another friend offered to buy my veil for me. My fiance is a hair stylist and one of his clients makes cakes and is donating it to us, another friend loves to bake and offered to make cupcakes to make up for any lack of cake, friends that work at hotels have gotten us deals, another friends mom offered to do the flowers...

People LOVE to help make this day more memorable and feel like they're contributing to your special day in some way! Don't hesitate to ask around and see what connections may pop up!!

HTH

<3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards