Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Need ideas to get us down the aisle

Our ceremony is going to be pretty simple but I'm still struggling with the details.

The only people standing up with us are my 6 and 8 year old boys and his 8 year old daughter. No one is giving me away.

The kids want to walk down the aisle. The oldest two will pretty much do whatever we decide. My youngest is autistic so he's a bigger variable.

Should I have three walk down together before me? Just the boys and then my daughter? Boys with me? Our daughter and my fiancé and then me and the boys? I can't decide what would be better. If my autistic son is nervous he will likely walk down with me and stand by me.

Re: Need ideas to get us down the aisle

• Options
    Those are things I didn't even think of! Maybe the three kiddos could walk out together and the two of s follow (since 5 won't fit)
  • Options
    skv -you can do it any way you want, but I really like Liatris's idea, too.

• Options
    I really like Liatris' idea and kwitherington's. But on the cute scale Liatris' idea wins. 
  • Options
    In Response to Need ideas to get us down the aisle:
    Totally LOVE the idea of your boys walking you down the aisle. I will actually be doing that at my wedding with my 14 & 12 year olds (my oldest is an autie too). If your fiancé's daughter walked him down that would be super cute as well.
  • Options
    I think all the ideas are great! 

With that said I think it depends on your autistic son. I know that can be a big challenge; for those that I do know who have autism large groups are a challenge. Since I don't know your son I don't know what might shut him down/act up but for those that I do know that have autism they wouldn't make it down the asile unless they were with their mom or one had his special toy with him, (they both don't do well with attention of large groups on them). So I would look at what he might be most comfortable with becasue I think then you would relax more? So if walking with you would make him most comfortable then he's giving you away ;)  Whatever you choose it will be adorable & awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_need-ideas-to-get-us-down-the-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:97b9ae3d-e424-4419-b2b2-0083bbc646b6Post:7a7ba8df-252b-4e4f-9450-77b9530c0fa2">Re: Need ideas to get us down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like your <strong>FI's daughter walking him down</strong>, and then <strong>your boys walking you down</strong>.  I imagine a <strong>picture of your future step daughter walking him down the aisle juxtaposed next to him walking her on her wedding day</strong>, 20 years from now. Cute, no?
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>YES!!! Exactly what I was thinking. And how great it would be for your future step-daughter to have a picture of her walking her father down the aisle at her wedding!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards