Outdoor Weddings
Options

Too cold for outdoor ceremony?

The venue that I'm in love with doesn't have an opening until the first weekend of November. I'm really in love with it for the outdoor area and while I would love to have both the ceremony and reception outside, that will only be an option if it is unseasonably warm. I don't want to book it at all, however, unless I can have my ceremony outside. I've looked up the temps in the farmers almanac for the past 10 years and averaged them. Low - 45.1 Median - 56.6 High - 68.3 (though in the past 5 years this has been around 70). Do those temps realistically look too cold to have guests outside for an hour or so? The high would be great but of course who knows what will happen. We'd probably have the ceremony in the afternoon so it will hopefully be closer to the high end. But in the 50s sounds a bit chilly for an outdoor ceremony! Opinions please!
"When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis

Re: Too cold for outdoor ceremony?

• Options
    I'm in the same boat, we're having an outdoor wedding in November with similar temperatures.  Does your venue allow heat lamp rentals onsite?  Ours does, so we will be renting several of them for the ceremony and cocktail hour (where guests can be indoors or outdoors).  We are also spreading the word about the possibility of a chilly ceremony so that guests can be properly dressed.  Also, we have a wedding website and "weather" is one of the tabs on the site, so guests can also check that out.  The good news is that ceremonies are typically quite short, and guests will be able to retreat quickly inside afterwards.

And of course, I'll PRAY for sunshine for all of us! 
  • Options
    I think it's fine, but I grew up in Minnesota and we start to wear shorts when it's 50 :)  

Be sure to have a back-up plan.  I had an outdoor wedding and the average high was 62.  We lucked out and had 70.  The year before it snowed.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Someone at work suggested the heat lamp idea to me earlier and I'm going to ask the venue about that. We do always have the option of moving it inside to the reception room but the only reason I really want the venue is for the beautiful outdoors. I hope the weather decides to be perfect!
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • Options
    nice fire pit, if allowed is a great touch. start the wedding earlier than later for the peak weather
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards