Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Sending required documents?

I'm sure this is a silly question --- but my wedding coordinator is being really vague.

What's the best way to send required documentation (copies of birth certificate, passport, etc.) to Jamaica? Do I just put it in an envelope, take it to the post office and ask for the correct postage? Or am I better off fed ex'ing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sending required documents?

• Options
    I agree with Lola IF you have to send hard copies.  Our WC just had me scan in the documents and email them.  We brought the originals with us.
  • Options
    my t.a. sent ours for us via fedex....it worked out fine. We've been married 10 days and we had no issues in Jamaica.
  • Options
    Jen!!! How was it?? Congrats!!!
  • Options
    We were able to send photocopies, but they had to be notorized copies.  We went to AAA with the originals and thier notary photocopied them and we signed a form and sent it all together... we needed our originals for our passports so that is what our TA told us to do.  We are also getting married in Jamaica.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_sending-required-documents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:f61da657-b0aa-4a9d-8964-31c7fa5943e5Post:fdacb180-471c-4b96-a32c-29285dd8db9b">Re: Sending required documents?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were able to send photocopies, but they had to be notorized copies.  We went to AAA with the originals and thier notary photocopied them and we signed a form and sent it all together... we needed our originals for our passports so that is what our TA told us to do.  We are also getting married in Jamaica.
    Posted by nmm2632[/QUOTE]

this
    plus we were told it had to be sent by DHL, UPS or any other courier.  Our WC said not to send it via regular mail.
    also we were told the documents had to be in 60 days prior to the wedding date or there would be a late fee penalty. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards