Snarky Brides

Hope Everyone is Safe!

Good Morning!

How is everyone?

Re: Hope Everyone is Safe!

• We never lost power! Thank goodness. Our lights went in and out most of the night but we kept it. The college FI works for lost power due to some down lines so he got to close up and come home early. We have a big piece of one of our pines down in our yard, but for the most part we're good. I'm mostly concerned about all my family who live down in Jersey. 

I'm opting to work today because our big boss said we need at least one person to man the office all day and that we have to use our own time to take the day if we need it. I need my time off for other things I already have scheduled, like a wedding in December in Chattanooga, so I'm going in. All my programs are cancelled though, so I'll just sit around on FB and TK all day. Nothing different than I would have done at home, so I may as well save my vacation time. 

Hope everyone else is okay!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The wind and rain here are pretty ridiculous, although I'm sure it's no where near as crazy as on the East Coast....hoping everyone is safe and snuggled up under some blankets!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stay safe, everyone!

It's in the 40s here and I LOVE IT!  Perfect anniversary present from nature!  H and I are going out tonight to "our restaurant."  (sorry FB friends for having to hear the same story) We go there for all special occasions and they hosted our rehearsal dinner.  When we called to make a reservation for our anniversary, they knew who we were and said congratulations and happy anniversary.  I love that place!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Happy anniversary Shay!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Anniversary Shay and Mr.Shay!

I'm here at work, the mall lost power last night, but we're back up. Some of these folks act like school children when they call to see if we're closed, the disappointment.

Our kitchen is flooded one of my security just helped me clean up a buttload of water on the counters.

But, it's probably nothing compared to what East Coasters are dealing with. T&P's everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Happy anniversary Shay!!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ok, so my CW who drives me nuts and has always been a little off is officially losing her mind.

Yesterday it started leaking in the kitchen, so my boss moved the toaster oven off the counter so it wouldnt get damaged. The microwave we can do nothing about, its a undercabinet mount.

We bought this toaster oven a few years ago and she uses it all.the.time! She just walked into the kitchen and asked where the other microwave came from. I told her it wasnt the microwave, she said Oh its a toaster oven, when did we get that? UGH!

I couldnt even answer her, she has a screw loose!
  • Happy Anniversary, Shay!

Stay safe, east-coasters.  I'm hoping Sandy is more bark than bite for most people.

We're still having an issue with our CO detectors going off repeatedly.  Downstairs alarms, then 5 minutes later the upstairs alarms.  Looks like a new furnace is in our future?  If so, I'm considering an A/C addition, if it isn't too expensive.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hope-everyone-is-safe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5c977928-1c0a-4c7d-876c-28e13920c676Post:00b7ea73-1aaa-4aa8-b6ac-69054cd432a9">Re: Hope Everyone is Safe!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Anniversary, Shay! Stay safe, east-coasters.  I'm hoping Sandy is more bark than bite for most people. We're still having an issue with our CO detectors going off repeatedly.  Downstairs alarms, then 5 minutes later the upstairs alarms.  Looks like a new furnace is in our future?  If so, I'm considering an A/C addition, if it isn't too expensive.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Ugh, we just replaced ours Les.

And yes Edie, she is nuts.
  • Damn furnace is original 1971 installation.  Last time I had it inspected it was safe, not cracked, but inefficient.  The bright side is that I have a home warranty plan (that I purchased solely for furnace failure), and it will help when we try to sell this dump in the next couple of years.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks, everyone!

kd, I hope you guys don't get too much damage!  And wtf, your CW is dumb.

Jcb, I'm sorry.  It sucks when friends bail on plans.  I hope you have fun anyway!

Les, that stinks about the furnace.  Hopefully the warranty will cover a good deal of the cost.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Morning.

Some of the stories coming out of the hurricane zone are just heartbreaking.  Like the hospital without power where they had to cary the nicu babies down 9 flights of stairs to evacuate.  Stay safe all of y'all!
  • H and I are about to go out for the first time since Sandy hit. We never lost power or internet orwater so we were very lucky. So far everyone has checked in from our families so I think it's okay for now. The neighborhood I work in probably got flooded pretty good since it's 2 1/2 blocks from the east river and my H works on the upper east side and there's really no way to get into Manhattan right now (not to mention that the subway and buses are still out of service.) My mom is a nurse and luckily she didn't work last night (she would have had to go in during the surge) but has to go in today. H and I have been watching the news for two days and it's surreal. You recognize places that aren't supposed to be underwater or on fire or abandoned...scary, scary stuff. I hope all the students from our school are okay- we serve special needs preschoolers from Queens and Brooklyn mostly but also Bronx and Manhattan. But I bet they made us proud...talk about changes to the routine!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Good luck with your furnace Les. Our boiler is actually plumber incorrectly, so if anything ever happens to it it'll actually void the warrenty. It was like that when we moved in and we just can't justify the $500 to fix it since it works perfectly fine otherwise. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FI and I are in Dublin so we completely missed Sandy.  My family has all checked in, but we haven't heard from all of FIs yet.  We hope it is just because the phones are overworked and/or loss of power.  Also, his aunt and uncle live in Breezy Point and 100 homes have caught fire, so we are hoping they evacuated and are safe and their home is not one of the 100 burning...

Glad to hear/see that knotties are ok!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards