Florida-Central Florida
Options

Big Check!

I wasn't feeling very celebratory on Friday but today I am - FI and I booked, signed and paid the deposit on the Ritz-Carlton for our ceremony. So I'm going to be a May Bride and will be getting married on 5/5/10!! I'm so excited and can't wait to start putting together all the remaining pieces of the puzzle.

xjcx

Re: Big Check!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    how exciting!! Congrats Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great news!  I'm getting married May 2010 as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay! thats exciting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I am getting married there too.  I love it!  Did you decide on a reception location yet?
  • Options
    jazzycazyjazzycazy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not yet... I do like Seasons 52 and Bice Ristorante, I'm going to aim to sort this out this week as I'd hate for everywhere to get booked up. The only consellation is our wedding is a Wednesday so I can't imagine either would be that booked up at this stage.

Spring Chicken - are you getting married in the gazebo too?

xjcx
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I am getting married at the gazebo.  It was definitely my favorite place in Orlando and I looked at plenty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and as you said you are having your wedding on a Wednesday in May.  You def have more time than those having weekend weddings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I chose the Citrus Gardens, but the Gazebo is amazing as well. I think you chose the perfect amount of time to plan as well, we had about 8 months and it feels like too much time. You will have your pick of vendors as well, most everybody will be free on a Wednesday so you will probably be able to negotiate great discounts!
  • Options
    vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay! i know this was a big decision for you and FI..so glad things worked out!!
  • Options
    jazzycazyjazzycazy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we weren't really bothered on which day of the week we were going to have the wedding. Everyone coming is going to stay in Orlando for at least a week so it made sense to have it in the week and take advantage of the bartering leverage!

xjcx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards