Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Meet and greet - how does it work?

How are you all doing your meet and greet, if your doing one?

I envisioned it be super casual, a few drinks/meet at this time and place, and a short mingling. Hour or two? I also didn't think it was hosted by us, but am I wrong? How do all you LV brides do this?

Thanks!

Re: Meet and greet - how does it work?

• Options
    We are doing a 3hr double decker bus tour from the hotel to the sign, and freemont street and back to hotel...we will provide snacks and drinks. I included that info in the invites so that people would know they needed to eat dinner if snacks wouldn't be enough. I wanted something very casual but fun. From my understanding the couple pays for the meet n greet, since you are inviting your guests to join you. My opinion is that our guests pay enough money to come celebrate with us and I can at least provide a couple meals for them.
  • Options
    We just had a dinner for everyone.  Everyone could chat and hang for a few hours.

We paid.
  • Options
    we were going to do a double decker bus tour and pay for the alcohol on the bus.

After thinking about it i didnt like the idea of trying to get everyone on a bus after a long flight and a 3 hour time difference from our home town and counting on everyone to be on time for the bus.

We decided that we are going to just tell our guests we are going to be at such and such restaurant if to join us they would like, implying its a no host dinner. we cant afford to do 2 dinners for 2 nights, but im trying to find away to do SOMETHING for them if they decide to meet with us. Maybe just order a bunch of apps or bring cupcakes or something.

Some people say its ok to not pay if you dont make it a mandatory meeting and just making it sound like a "hey we will be at this restaurant if you want to come up" and some people say you should pay because they have traveled that distance for you. I wish we could pay for two dinners but its just not in the budget, and I dont want to eat up all the peoples time. I want them to feel like they are on a vacation, i dont want to eat up all their time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_meet-and-greet-how-does-it-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:4630256d-7b04-4d06-addd-4d6c0a8a3cb9Post:194ba521-c82b-47f8-bb65-d4c4e9fb8855">Re: Meet and greet - how does it work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we were going to do a double decker bus tour and pay for the alcohol on the bus. After thinking about it i didnt like the idea of trying to get everyone on a bus after a long flight and a 3 hour time difference from our home town and counting on everyone to be on time for the bus. We decided that we are going to just tell our guests we are going to be at such and such restaurant if to join us they would like, implying its a no host dinner. we cant afford to do 2 dinners for 2 nights, but im trying to find away to do SOMETHING for them if they decide to meet with us. Maybe just order a bunch of apps or bring cupcakes or something. Some people say its ok to not pay if you dont make it a mandatory meeting and just making it sound like a "hey we will be at this restaurant if you want to come up" and some people say you should pay because they have traveled that distance for you. I wish we could pay for two dinners but its just not in the budget, and I dont want to eat up all the peoples time. I want them to feel like they are on a vacation, i dont want to eat up all their time.
    Posted by soontobehasrouni[/QUOTE]

I agree we are do a meet and greet but letting them know they can join us if they want implying we aren't paying for it come if you want to.
    SoontobeMRsSMITH13
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_meet-and-greet-how-does-it-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:4630256d-7b04-4d06-addd-4d6c0a8a3cb9Post:30524ebb-ef63-4181-85af-262de5106cf9">Re: Meet and greet - how does it work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meet and greet - how does it work? : I agree we are do a meet and greet but letting them know they can join us if they want implying we aren't paying for it come if you want to.
    Posted by cindarelldoll[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately some people might still get caught off guard... My mother put together a "come if you want" dinner the night before our meet and greet and "come if you want" lunch the day after and there were at least 2 guests who thought we were paying... it was kind of awkward and my mother kind of shifted how to deal with it on us which was like "d'oh" since she had been the one organizing.  We'd already hosted a meet and greet, reception, and paid for a few guests' hotel rooms so we just didn't have the budget to cover 2 more big meals that we hadn't organized to begin with.
  • Options
    there has always gotta be one! lol. Ive seen where some people have told people on their website or whatever that it is a no host dinner.

My plan is to put the info on the website and give the link to the meny and saying "prices range from $-$$" or something like that

Sometimes you have to reiterate a few times

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_meet-and-greet-how-does-it-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:4630256d-7b04-4d06-addd-4d6c0a8a3cb9Post:d3032461-288e-470f-88c7-1fe6553945ae">Re: Meet and greet - how does it work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meet and greet - how does it work? : Unfortunately some people might still get caught off guard... My mother put together a "come if you want" dinner the night before our meet and greet and "come if you want" lunch the day after and there were at least 2 guests who thought we were paying... it was kind of awkward and my mother kind of shifted how to deal with it on us which was like "d'oh" since she had been the one organizing.  We'd already hosted a meet and greet, reception, and paid for a few guests' hotel rooms so we just didn't have the budget to cover 2 more big meals that we hadn't organized to begin with.
    Posted by mizutamababy[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards