New Jersey

bridal shower

my fi and i work together. we invited 1 co-worker to our small wedding (92 guests invited). Fi is pretty close to the co-worker (a male).

however, i have never met our co-worker's wife. my fi has. should she receive a shower invite?

i am leaning towards "no," because I feel that it looks very gift grabby. i've never met the woman and she would know NO ONE else at the shower. however, part of me wonders if it is rude to leave her off the shower list. 

our co-worker just texted my fi to ask where we are registered! yikes! makes me wonder why he asked - - -  if it is for an engagement gift, shower gift, or wedding gift!

opinions? thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bridal shower

• edited December 2011
    In the same situation, I did not invite her.  I didn't think it would be fair to her since she didn't know me or anyone else who would be there.
  • edited December 2011
    yes, this is exactly what i am thinking, blissfullytired.
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote no.  My bridesmaids and mom only invited females on my side and females on my FI's side I was close with.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote no as well. If it was a member of FI's family, that you hadn't met, that would be a little different. But in this case, it is not necessary to invite her.
  • edited December 2011
    ok good. i was definitely over thinking this! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Have a wonderful time at your shower!!
  • edited December 2011

FI has a group of friends and some of the girls/wives I know and others I don't know very well. The ones I knew got invites, the ones I didn't I had FI ask his friends if they would like their fiancee/girlfriend invited - one said no that's ok and the other never got back to him, so neither of them are invited. I felt this was the best approach so that way everyone had the option, and I didn't have to feel like anyone was left out who may have wanted to attend or may have thought they should have at least got an invite.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also vote no!  :)

The only even semi-random invite to my shower was one of our groomsman's fiances.  We aren't that close, but I was told it was "the right thing to do" because he is in the wedding.  Other than that, only our closest female friends and relatives got invited.  Definitely not all the women that are coming to the wedding (even though we are only inviting about 80 people).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards