Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

wedding in florida?

hi im british and have been to the US many times and we absoloutly love it! we want to get married in May/June 2014 over there! 

we want to get married in Florida but also make it easy for our guest to travel from the UK which is sanford or Orlando airport,, maybe Miami not sure on the rest direct.. We dont want a hotel reception/wedding at all just a simple beautiful beach ceremony then an amazing beach bar for for food and drinks afterwards to hire privately. 

You guys do it so much better and i know the service will be fantastic. You get what you pay for here in the UK - literally, there's no love and attention to detail (unless you pay obscene ammounts of money) and i dont feel that out of all the weddings i've been to here in the UK (which is many as i'm the last im 33!) that i will get what i want (and the weather is terrible which is a major factor)

the other thing is though after my research the west of florida, gulf coast looks to be the best by far.

what do you reckon? please help!  there isnt a problem with money really but i want a day to remember, money cant buy that!

we got together in Fort Lauderdale (long story) but cant remember any specific venues apart from the road of lovely bars and beach.

Sorry i know theres alot of the above to anwer but i need some quality, tasteful  advice from you all.

Always happ to give plenty of info on the UK if you are ever visiting :) xx

Thanks so much again.

All suggestions welcome!

xxx

Re: wedding in florida?

• Options
    May/June in Orlando or Miami is probably going to be WAY to hot for an outdoor wedding, especially if most of your guests are British and not used to the heat.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    For specific venues, you'll need to post on a local Florida board (there's a list over there to the left), but I agree with PP. March would be lovely if you're open to changing your wedding date, but May/June is hot and very humid in that area.
  • Options
    There are a lot of venue choices in/near Orlando. I would try to think of some specifics that you want and go from there. I live 2 hours from Orlando and travel there often and checked may places for our wedding. The only thing is the venues fill up FAST and it's peak travel season so everything is more expensive. Aug-Jan are really good months for deals. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have to agree with the above posters, it's very humid and hot that time of year. I live on the west coast of Florida, and I'm doing an outdoor wedding, but it's in January. There are a lot of great venues in this area, especially if you are looking to do a beach wedding.
  • Options
    Hi guys,
    thanks for all the advice (ive been on hol so havent been able to respond until now :)
    Much appreciated!  Right then better get wedding planning!

xx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards