Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Bridal Shows

Hello bride to be's! I am thinking of going to the Las Colinas bridal show in Irving in 2 weeks. Any input on whether or not its worth spending a Saturday there?? Thanks for the input and happy planning:

Re: Bridal Shows

• Options
    I actually went to the exact show last year. Honestly, because I had already found my venue, who had a list of suggested vendors, it was kind of a waste. Truthfully, you will find much better answers hanging around these boards and asking for advice about vendors in your budget/guest list. 
    It was fun enough to go to one for the experience, but I gained absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    I agree with Cwaggoner. I went to a bridal show this past January and didn't get much out of it. It was way more helpful to read the reviews of other girls on this board and do some sleuthing of my own based on the vendor sticky.

If you do decide to go, make sure to set up a separate email address just for the show. Trust me, you do not want all of that spam coming in with emails you actually want to read. And do not give any of them your phone number!  =)
  • Options
    I went to the Plano bridal show 2 years ago and took my niece--she LOVED it, but I didn't find anything of real value. I ended up getting a few bridal magazines for free, and that was it. They gave all the brides a button that said 'I'm the bride!' so that the vendors could pluck you out of the crowd and start hammering with questions and peddling their product. It was exhausting, in my opinion.
    I agree with the recommendation of not giving out your main email address--setting up a dedicated email for wedding planning is certainly a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards