Gothic Weddings

How's everyone's week going?

Re: How's everyone's week going?

• My week's going pretty well going through placement testing at the college...my folks are bringing my daughter down to visit next week and I just got a new to me jewelry book. Not alot going on right now on the wedding front but I am relieved we moved the date.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had my daughter's 2nd birthday party on Sunday, and it was so fun. She was the only little kid so I wasn't pulling my hair out or anything. She got some great gifts and we had a really cute Strawberry Shortcake cake and some pretty streamers for decoration. I've been hanging out at the the house with her and just doing some sorting of our stuff. There's so much stuff! We're also saving money right now so we can fly my oldest son, Isaiah, out here in July or August. It's about $500 for a ticket, but so worth it to see my little man.

I just planted some more seeds and some calla lily rhizomes in our garden. I really hope the calla lilies do well. It's my first time growing them so I'm just trying to be patient and see what happens. Money has been really tight for us, but we seem to have everything we need to survive and a couple special little things here and there.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • My week has been pretty good so far, a little hectic, but that's ok. 

Last weekend I helped my mom and grandma with a rummage sale while FI took my grandfather to the airport, which took him most of the day. Then Monday I went to campus to hand in some paperwork and forgot that I needed photocopies of taxes along with the forms, so I need to find a time to go back with the photocopies.

I decided it was time I get a laptop, since FI's laptop is too big for me to bring to school and I'm going to have a lot of time in between my classes next semester where I don't have enough time to justify going home, yet will be bored stuck on campus, so a laptop seems like a good plan. So then came the hell of finding a laptop. After exchanging the first two, I think I've finally found one I like, of course it's more expensive than I wanted to pay, but oh well at least there's no interest for 18 months and I'll be able to pay FI back when I get my job back. 

Oh and last night we had our favorite couple over for dinner, even though FI and I kind of ruined dinner, the chicken that FI made was bland and the I put too much butter on the cheesy potatoes and it turned out greasy and the cornflakes on top was soggy, ick. Which is weird, because we both always cook very well, I guess it was just an off night.

The rest of the week I guess I'll just be lazy. FI has band practice tonight and tomorrow we'll either go to a video game party or have one here, either way it should be fun. 
  • My week has mostly been work. I tried to get a hold of the event planner (for the reception) and she is on vacay. So next week I will work out the contract and talk to florists. This weekend, I am going to go a great place for silk flowers and get everything I need for the bouquets. I can't wait to get all this stuff done!
  • Yup, there's no better feeling than progress! I ended up getting tons of plants put in the ground that were in pots and fertilized a bunch of the plants with some fertilizer tea. That was kinda fun. Nothing wedding related going on this week, except that I have decided that I definitely want an Alice in Wonderland bridal shower. That should be fun, even if I have to wait forever for it to actually happen. Wink
  • I'm totally bummed, my weekend plans changed. I now don't know when I will be getting my silk flowers for all the bouquets.
  • Aw dang! Hey, don't feel bad. I was supposed to order a couple wedding things but then we found out we neede to save $1100 so my son can get a plane ticket. :(
  • Good news! I have a meeting with my event planner tomorrow! I'll let you guys know how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards