New York-Upstate
Options

Lake George Baking Co?!

I recently booked my reception at a venue in Saratoga Springs and the wedding package that I chose includes a cake from the Lake George Baking Co. I searched online for reviews and ratings and I found some pretty bad reviews!  I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with this specific bakery. I know you can't always trust what you see online but I was wondering if any other local brides have been to the bakery/ordered their cake.

Thank you future brides!

-Jenn

Re: Lake George Baking Co?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jenn,

I haven't set up a meeting with them yet, but am currently planning to use the Lake George Baking Company for my wedding in September (barring any horrible interactions). My venue in Lake George works with them regularly and spoke highly - I also dropped in one day to 'taste test' secretly, and had one of the best cannolis I've ever had in my entire life. The owners used to run The Vanilla Bean in Albany/Troy, which people constantly raved about. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Becky
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Their cakes are fabulous (looks and taste) but I cannot speak to how they are to work with. The woman that runs it used to own The Vanilla Bean with her husband.
    TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are also planning on having Lake George Baking Co make our cake, however we are having a VERY hard time getting in touch with them. They were very highly recommended by our event planner and our reception venue, so we stopped by one day to see if we could speak with the owner and possibly taste some of their items. We spoke with the owner very briefly and discussed cost/etc, and she advised us to email her with our contact info and event details. However, since then, we have not been able to speak with her or touch base with her to actually produce a contract and confirm our date, due to....I am not sure what! I am starting to get very worried, though I have heard wonderful things about their cakes and pastrys, I am only a few months away from my wedding and at the very least, I want a contract to solidify our baker! I hate to have to stalk my potential vendors, my my fiance and I decided way back in December that we wanted to hire LGBco and told our other prospects we had decided on someone else...if this falls through at this point, we are back at square one.

Basically, if you decide to go with LGBco, I think you have to be very very persistant, and from this I wil make sure to get EVERYTHING in writing in the contract, not that I plan on anything going wrong, but better safe than sorry on the day off!

If you have any interactions with them or would like to share your experiences, I would love to hear your feedback as well, please feel free to message me, good luck!
  • Options
    jts001jts001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kevynray, thanks for letting me know some more info!  My fiance and I have booked our recpetion through Longfellows Restaurant and Hotel.  As a part of the wedding package we purchased, we automatically get our cake from LGBco.  (So we don't really have a choice in the matter).  From what I understand, Longfellow's deals with the majority of the interactions with LGBco, but like I originally said, I've heard so many mixed reviews!  I think I'm going to e-mail one of the wedding planners from Longfellow's and get their perspective.  I was planning on making a little 'surprise visit' to LGBco. and see how the cakes/owners are.  Again, a big thanks for letting me know some more about LGBco. and I'll let you know if I hear anything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI, I asked my wedding coordinator about LGBco and she highly recommended them, and also mentioned Longfellows works with them exclusively. I have heard nothing but good things about their product, though I think they could use a little help on the paperwork and customer service side, I am not sure if that is enough to turn me away from hiring them. I hope everything works for you, if you are working with Longfellows I am sure the girls there will make sure everything runs smoothly for you! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards