Offbeat Weddings

Ceremony and Reception on different days

My fiancee and I intend to get married on a Wednesday by a waterfall several hours from where we live.  We than intend to spend a few days in that location, returning that weekend to have a reception near where our families live.  How the heck do I word the reception invites?

Re: Ceremony and Reception on different days

• You could treat it the way those that do Destination Weddings often do, and refer to it as an 'At Home Reception'
  • I agree, just word it so they're aware they're attending a reception and not a wedding. Like, "come celebrate our recent marriage" or something.
  • I agree with PP's
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_ceremony-reception-different-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:abbdbcad-8374-442f-9980-a1e067b45d0fPost:421b505e-d0eb-4bbe-b1ff-f25d0a8a8f2d">Re: Ceremony and Reception on different days</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree, just word it so they're aware they're attending a reception and not a wedding. Like, "come celebrate our recent marriage" or something.
    Posted by balletdawn[/QUOTE]

This, i would not use the word wedding anywhere in the invitation if i could help it. Its just a party to celebrate your marriage, a tradtional reception is to thank guests for coming to the wedding (which is the ceremony with the vows).

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_ceremony-reception-different-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:abbdbcad-8374-442f-9980-a1e067b45d0fPost:5f45b03f-242c-43a4-9d00-61a6be8f9c94">Re: Ceremony and Reception on different days</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could treat it the way those that do Destination Weddings often do, and refer to it as an 'At Home Reception'
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

This!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards