July 2013 Weddings

Life is about to get crazy...

So I can't give to many details just to be on the safe side, but last night my FI came home and asked if I was ready to have a serious converstaion. He just found out that his work(which is a chain) is going to be sold to corporate and the owners are going to relocate to CA. They gave FI the choice to stay where he is or move out to CA with them.

I am very excited to have the chance to live in CA(we live in PA), but I am also freaking out. With all of the wedding stuff that is going to be coming up and planning I am nervous to live across the country. We are really thinking about it and it looks like it is going to be a yes. Ugh I'm excited and scared at the same time.

I just had to share because I can't really talk to anyone about it yet since only managers know about it. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Life is about to get crazy...

• Where in pa are you? Can you still get married here or is it an asap move??! Id be excited!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • How exciting! Lots of things to discuss. Are they going to pay for your relocating expenses? What about a cost of living increase? How will this affect your personal career/career goals?
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I'd consider everything Flutter brings up. FH and I just made the move from Michigan to Maryland for his job and I am struggling to find something here. We're fine because his pay increase is enough for both of us for now, and his company paid all of our moving expenses, but without that I don't think it would have been possible for us to move. 

• edited July 2012
    We live in York PA now.

Are they going to pay for your relocating expenses-yes! They are going to give us way more than needed, but that's okay because then we will have a little extra to get started :)

What about a cost of living increase-yes a big one! It will be enough for the both of us to get by without me working.

How will this affect your personal career/career goals- I don't have a job yet. I've been interviewing since I just graduated. So the move wont matter much for that part. Plus I can take my time finding a new job out there because of his pay increase. 

We will have to move within the next month and a half, but I told him if we do it we are coming back home for the wedding, and our honeymoon will be visiting with family. He agreed to that :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_life-is-about-to-get-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:048dddc8-74d3-4046-a0e0-a2e4c4b63dddPost:25b9cd70-db2a-4dbc-b318-857827da8a75">Re: Life is about to get crazy...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We live in York PA now. Are they going to pay for your relocating expenses-yes! They are going to give us way more than needed, but that's okay because then we will have a little extra to get started :) What about a cost of living increase-yes a big one! It will be enough for the both of us to get by without me working. How will this affect your personal career/career goals- I don't have a job yet. I've been interviewing since I just graduated. So the move wont matter much for that part. Plus I can take my time finding a new job out there because of his pay increase.  We will have to move within the next month and a half, but I told him if we do it we are coming back home for the wedding, and our honeymoon will be visiting with family. He agreed to that :)
    Posted by NateandJustine[/QUOTE]

Then yes, congrats, have fun, good luck, and keep us posted! :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Yaaay! Thats quite the exciting change. Congratulations to the both of you! I hope everything goes smoothly for everyone involved.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • thanks ladies!! We will find out more on Monday, and we will go from there. Right now we are working on letting our families know that there is a 90% chance it will happen. So far we told his parents and they were okay with it. Today, I am telling my mom and sister and hopefully on Saturday I'll tell my dad and step mom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck and Congrats on the exciting news and change.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • congrats good luck and where in cali
  • It is official! We are moving to Modesto, CA!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is going to be a great adventure for you both! So exciting. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards