New York-Hudson Valley

Looking for a nice location and venue for ceremony and reception

Hello ladies,

I just got engage 2 months ago and I've waited until the engagement excitement passed before I started looking for the right location and venue for the wedding. I'm located in the Bronx and my fiance made is clear that he don't want the wedding to be in the Bronx. I looked at Glen Island Harbor Club yesterday and although it's a beautiful location, it is out of my price range. I set my budget for the wedding for $10,000 but finding a place for the wedding is very frustrating and difficult.

What I would like to find is a location for both the ceremony and the reception. I like the scenery of water, garden setting, woodsy or perhaps like a park setting with a pond or a river, just so you get an idea. I'm having 150 guest and the theme of the wedding is carribean/southern style. I was hoping to include some foods from the carribean and from the south, however, the venues that I looked at either don't allow outside catering or they will allow outside catering but only to suplement with their catering service. I'm frustrated because so far my fiance don't like the locations that I've suggested and I'm in the verge of just calling the whole thing off. I don't know where else to look that is affordable, withing my budget and yet have elegance and class to have a beautiful wedding. If anyone have any suggestions or ideas, I would gladly appreciate and welcome all suggestions.

Thank you,
Bride of Fashion

Re: Looking for a nice location and venue for ceremony and reception

• we had our ceremony and reception (with a steel drum band and carribean food) at the mansion at colonial terrace.  its an old mansion on lots of land with lots of flower gardens.  worth the call and priced within your budget
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_looking-for-a-nice-location-and-venue-for-ceremony-and-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:99e72f1c-782d-4415-9718-c1b6fa17690aPost:db577886-462b-40c2-8bd0-631d54fee235">Re: Looking for a nice location and venue for ceremony and reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]we had our ceremony and reception (with a steel drum band and carribean food) at the mansion at colonial terrace.  its an old mansion on lots of land with lots of flower gardens.  worth the call and priced within your budget
    Posted by lzbride[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your response, where is the venue located?
  • Thank you for your response Izbride. where is the venue located?
  • lzbride is referring to this venue:

http://www.colonialterracecaterers.com/

I don't know anything about their prices, but did you also consider Round Hill House?

http://www.feastcaterers.com/

In the thread below about "woodsy" venues, I mentioned Blue Hill Stone Barn, as well.   Good luck!  (And please don't call your wedding off just because you can't find the "perfect" venue -  LOL!  :-)  I'm sure you and your FI can come up with some kind of compromise!)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_looking-for-a-nice-location-and-venue-for-ceremony-and-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:99e72f1c-782d-4415-9718-c1b6fa17690aPost:5cf60702-cd8e-490b-8876-f7eea721d9f2">Re: Looking for a nice location and venue for ceremony and reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey You can check out crest hollow country club it have a nice view but i dont if you having your wedding in fall or summer i think the price are the same same but they qoute me 65pp fri and 90pp. Also bridgeview yacht has a small beach and water view there.. woodbury country club, venetian yacht club they price are 100pp, chateu la mer, larkfield manor... all of this venues are locate in long island hope this help
    Posted by jennybarbie[/QUOTE]

This does help, thank you for your advice and your help. I pray that I find something that the both of us will like
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards