Canada-Ontario
Options

Recomendations for hair and makeup in Toronto

Hi there, I was looking for recommendations for hair and makeup in the city.  I typically don't wear much make up or get my hair done often so not sure where to start looking.  I was thinking of going to a Blo location for my hair but was curious if anyone had any experience with them. and in terms of makeup, not even sure where to start.

Thx for the help
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Recomendations for hair and makeup in Toronto

• Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for hair and makeup civello seems popular. i had a friend that used the aveda school on king but it took a long time. for makeup i've known people to use mac. just go to a counter and ask what bridal services they have. they can often come to your house to do your makeup. i've heard decent things about blo. do a trial for whatever place you choose. it'll cost money but at least you'll know if you'll be happy with the person or not.
  • Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BLO Bridal is good.  Depends however on the location because they are all owned by different people. I would highly recommend the King St. West Location.

JC Salons (they have two locations) are also fantastic.

Make Up - I booked a MAC artist but she works independantly from MAC for bridal parties.  It's good to have a make up trial, I went with mac because I'm not allergic to their productions but I had one trial done with NARS and my eyes were on fire.. so, be careful with that!
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    Gia_VeronicaGia_Veronica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting my hair done locally in Oakville so I can't really help you there, but for makeup I'm using toronto-based makeup artist Sherry Vanstone. I already had my trial, and as someone who is very picky/perfectionistic myself, I was so happy with the result! I would definitely recommend her! For the day of the wedding she will come to your house.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thx ladies for the info. Much appreciated. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Peach Gloss makeup - I worked with her as a wedding planner. Nicole is great, and she also can come to your house.  It's less stressful when they come to your place, one less thing to worry.
    Check her out: http://www.peachgloss.com/

You can mention to her that I referred you.
  • Options
    kerrysmileykerrysmiley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quickly chiming in here, as I just got home from my trial w/ Merle Norman (181 Bay Street) and the ladies there are fantastic (and I'm an admitted picky pants!).  Love, love, love.  Actually, had a change in plans with my original make up artist plans once I saw them do another bridal party while I was getting my hair done ... loved their work, so booked a trial and now will be using them at my wedding in August!

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards