Illinois-Chicago
Options

Naper Settlement this summer = MAJOR CONSTRUCTION!!!!

I booked over a year ago for the Century Memorial Chapel and was very excited until I found out just three days ago that the ENTIRE SITE will be under MAJOR CONSTRUCTION and closed. No one bothered to call and tell me, despite the fact this has been planned for over 6 MONTHS!!! 

Don't worry, they say.....there will be 6 foot tall fences all around the chapel so that my guests will be safe. I won't be able to run out the front and greet guests, there will be trenches and drainage and gravel!!!! No historic grounds, no pretty gardens, just buldozers and dirt.

Any other brides in the same boat? Please contact me--

Re: Naper Settlement this summer = MAJOR CONSTRUCTION!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My co-workers FSIL is in the same boat.  Her wedding is in July and she just found out last week and that's only because she called them to ask them a question about something unrelated.  I know she's in town from Kansas City this week scrambling to look for another church/chapel because she went to see if for herself and said it was pretty bad.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this.  Definitely not an added stress that you are wanting to have to deal with Frown
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow that is just crazy!! I'm sorry you're dealing with this, let us know if we can help!
  • Options
    Doll3306Doll3306 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They didn't tell you? I just booked with them for a wedding next summer and they told us when we met with them.  Thats awful that they didnt let you know.  I am so sorry! Do you have a Plan B for photos? The Riverwalk maybe?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes!  How unfortunate that they didn't let you know sooner.  Ugh, it's such a pretty site, too.  Good luck and I hope that everything turns out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards