Outdoor Weddings
Options

might be too crowded!!

Hello ladies,

I am getting married next June 11th and we are planning on having an outdoor ceremony. it will be held at a nice hotel/resort at a small gazebo on a beautiful lawn between two complexes. the area is beautiful  however I am unsure of how many seats we can comfortably seat on the lawn with out it feeling too crowded.

We reciently sat down and cut our guest list by 30 people and still have 170 guests and that is is no one brings their kids!!

We want a nice wedding but also want to invite our friends to share it with us. I do not want it to seem too large and we are right at the max of people our reception hall that fits 200 people..

is it risky cutting it so close ?? and will two rows of 85 seats be too large??

I would appreciate the imput.

thanks

Re: might be too crowded!!

• Options
    It sounds like it's not too full, you should assume that children are coming if you invited them. You still have space for 30 more people.

Why only 2 rows of 85? that will look really funny, why not shorter rows.
  • Options
    oops... I didnt mean only two single rows... LOL, I meant 85 seats in rows on two sides.
  • Options
    I am having a garden wedding and we are having about 80 guests and I was going to hire enough chairs for everyone but our celebrant recommend that only get about 10 chairs as he likes to get the guests to move in closer and stand in a semi circle around us? Do you think people will mind standing? The ceremony will only go for about 20 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards