Colorado-Denver
Options

Wedding Venues

I'm looking at a few places, but am hoping for some thoughts/advice. I live in Nashville, but am booking a venue in Denver so I'm having to use friends and family's help and I need to book a venue pretty soon. 

Any thoughts about Bella Serra (in Brighton), Mile High Station (Denver), or Hudson Gardens (Denver)? I am working with a budget ($8-10K) and am looking for the most for my money. If you have any thoughts or advice, please share! :)

Re: Wedding Venues

• Options
    I've wandered through Hudson Gardens, and it's gorgeous in the summer! I've also been to Mile High Station (for a beer festival) and it's a beautiful building. I am having a hard time picturing it as a wedding venue, but I'm sure it would be awesome. The parking lot is pretty small, so if you're having a lot of people that might be a problem. I don't know anything about Bella Serra. Good luck searching!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We looked at doing the Mile High Station. We happened to be able to walk through the morning of a reception and it was gorgeous. We were also having a hard time picturing it all done up for a wedding, but they blow our minds with the set up. Sadly they didn't have our date open so we went with something else.
  • Options
    When I went to Bella Sera, I did it because I thought they had all-inclusive pricing.  However, if you ask a lot of questions, you will find that unless you are willing to have their cookie cutter wedding, there are a lot of extra fees.  Mile High Station is nice and can look really pretty at certain times of day when the sun is streaming in.  I have been to several non-wedding events there and it seems really large unless you have 200ish people in it.  I have been to several weddings at Hudson Gardens - last one was three summers ago.  The Rose Garden is a spectacular setting for late afternoon, blistering hot before that.  The complaints I heard from the MOB who did last wedding there (and this was three years ago so could have changes since then) was that they had to bring in EVERY thing from chairs and tables to forks and knives to linens, etc.  She said she wished she had gone with on-site caterer since it would have been equivelant price and not as much work.  I was picky picky about the venue so I looked at 20+ places before we choose Omni Interlocken in Broomfield.  I liked that it was at a hotel (1/2 my guests are from out of town) but had lovely outdoor wedding space with covered and partially enclosed pavillion. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards