Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Where to purchase alcohol in Atlanta area & how to estimate?

We may be bringing our own alcohol for our reception.  The only place I know of in Atlanta that buys back if you don't use it is Tower.  Does anyone know of any other places where they do buy backs? 

Also, how did you estimate how much to buy?  Did you run out?  Have leftovers?

Re: Where to purchase alcohol in Atlanta area & how to estimate?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did BYOB for the rehearsal dinner. We used Tower in Peidmont.

Google "formulas for alcohol consumption" -- but its a total crap shoot. We ran out of red wine...in the middle of July!  So my FIL ran and bought some more.

The open bar was reported to have run out of vodka... who doesn't have enough vodka on hand??
  • Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    general guidelines for a suggested amount of alcohol based upon 100 guests:
    Beer:

9 Total Cases

* 3 Domestic cases
    * 3 Imported cases
    * 3 Light cases
    Wine:

5-8 Total Cases

* 3-4 Chardonnay cases
    * 1-2 White Zinfandel cases
    * 1-2 Cabernet Sauvignon cases
    Champagne

* 1-2 cases
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, it depends on if your guests overall are drinkers or not. Also, it depends on how big the pour is. If the bartender deviates from the standard pour size, it will go quicker.
    Also, how long is your bar going to be open/serving? Obviously the longer it is open the more likely you can run out. If it is an open bar, remember, people will usually drink more because it is free. Personally, I just want the booze to last until 9:30 ish...then I could care less if we run out of anything. Just my opinion.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bar will be open for 4 hours I think.  1 hour for cocktail hour and then 3 hours dinner and dancing. 

Ellone, where did you buy your alcohol?  Is Tower the only place that lets you return unused alcohol?
  • Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    edited December 2011
    I think tower is the only place that will let you return it if u didnt use it.we got ours at trader joes very reasonable. we are only doing beer and wine and a signature drink.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sherlock's is inexpensive. I thought that is was illegal to return alcohol in Georgia...I bought a bottle of BAD wine at Costco and they wouldn't even let me return it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought all of my sister's alcohol in Tampa at Total Wines. There's one here in Kennesaw as well. They have great prices and they allowed returns in Fl (I haven't asked in Kennesaw).  It was great bc we knew we could buy more than enough and return the extra. It cost around $250 for all the alchol at a 200 person wedding! We did two signiture drinks, a keg, and wine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards