May 2013 Weddings

May 18, 2013!!

I haven't posted in here yet. So, I just wanted to let other ladies in on our wedding planning!!

My fiance I got engaged in March 2012. We will be getting married on our 2 year anniversary together which is 5/18/13. We're planning a semi firefighter themed wedding as we are both volunteers for our local department. I joined after I met him moved in. While wedding planning..we'll be taking our EMTBasic course starting 1 wk from Tuesday until the end of March.

We've got our church, reception venue, photographer, wedding party, centerpieces, photographer and my gown. Just 8 more weeks until I get my gown...

Feel free to post comments, ideas, questions, or anything encouraging! I am definitely stressing out!!

Re: May 18, 2013!!

• Welcome to the board! That's really awesome that you guys are firefighters. The ladies here are very helpful :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 invited image
    69 will be there image
    5 will be missing out image
     118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
    RSVP Deadline: May 3rd
  • Aww welcome, what are you stressing about? Sounds like you have everything together :)
  • The major stress factor is money. We don't have a lot or make much. We both work full time but I make 11 he makes 8.25. But, with car payments bills... its a lot. And, very little help from my parents his mom at this point. Extremely frustrating.
  • Congrats and Welcome!!!
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:May 18, 2013!!:[QUOTE]The major stress factor is money. We don't have a lot or make much. We both work full time but I make 11 he makes 8.25. But, with car payments bills... its a lot. And, very little help from my parents his mom at this point. Extremely frustrating. Posted by FireFghtrWife518[/QUOTE]

First..welcome and congrats on your engagement !

I can say I understand where you are coming from. Im a licensed nail tech and FI works at aaa. He has a steady houly pay as to where mine flucuates. So wit little to no help; because of the wedding planning we are on a tight budget. So I have lot of diy pojects and have been only buying things with coupons or when I can get a nice discounts on supplies all at once. But with it all you have time and the us is you got the big stuff out the way and now you focus on the little things !

Again welcome and happy planning !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Welcome to the boards! I am also a May 18 bride. :)
    I agree that it sounds like you're on track so far... About the money, I know it sucks, but we take almost every extra dollar we have and put it into savings. FI was out of a job for 2 months but I still managed to save a little just on my income. Don't forget to treat yourselves to a date every once in a while though... wedding planning can be stressful so you still gotta make time for you two to just enjoy each other's company, or even do something just for yourself. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    Well, it definitely is a struggle for us. But we somehow manage. If we can make it on our nickles and dimes until February - I'll be able to get some money out of my trust fund to help us the rest of the way. It's just so frustrating that I have to wait until then to get that chunk of cash because we need it now for down payments to reserve & ensure specifics before it's too late! On the other hand, I'm excited to say that I've paid for 1/3 of my dress, my mom paid 1/3 and my dad has paid 1/3. ((My parents are divorced, and my fiancee's father is passed -- so that makes it even more difficult)). That's an accomplishment for myself with having a monthly car payment & other bills! My sister-ilaw threw us an engagement party on our 1 year anniversary and we got probaly $175 which we put towards reserving our reception venue. Every penny I have spent thus far is exciting and it gives me a sense of accomplishment.

I'm so excited to follow some other 5/18/13 brides and see how your special days come together as well. It's almost like a sisterhood that we're all exchanging vows on the same day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_may-18-2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:9749942d-da91-4526-a0aa-9cec7e42dc12Post:db95ac5f-1bfd-4f23-82f4-b040c9afd075">Re:May 18, 2013!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The major stress factor is money. We don't have a lot or make much. We both work full time but I make 11 he makes 8.25. But, with car payments bills... its a lot. And, very little help from my parents his mom at this point. Extremely frustrating.
    Posted by FireFghtrWife518[/QUOTE]

Understandable. My FI was out of work for months until the beginning of this year. My parents (his say they will pay for the honeymoon but who knows?!) haven't offered anything which is ok, we're adults and should pay for it ourselves. We knew we couldn't handle a huge at home wedding so we are inviting our nearest and dearest (approx. 20 ppl) to our DW. Situations like this you have to learn to prioritize, figure out what is best for you and your FI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards