Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

The Orleans Inn- thoughts? Reviews?

I just found the Orleans Inn on line and wanted to know your thoughts as I am a couple hours away. Is it pretty in person? Is the food good?

Re: The Orleans Inn- thoughts? Reviews?

• Options
    allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Food is yummy, but the reception area is in the basement with low ceilings. I was also unimpressed when we went to see it. The guy couldn't be bothered to show us around. He just started a video on a mini-DVD player and walked away.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been talking to them, as well. The site is lovely- food is very good- lovely outdoor location. Of all the vendors I've contacted they've been the most responsive. Am not sure about the basement, but will know more soon as I'm going to look in a few weeks.
  • Options
    CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married there in 3 weeks. My FMIL was driving by yesterday and they had a wedding yesterday that she said looked beautiful.

The venue in my opinion is very pretty. The deck looks over the waters of Town Cove and if the weather's nice it's all open air (they have a plastic screen if needed). Ed, and his family, is very responsive via email. The food is so good, my family is all from the Midwest and I'm confident that they're all going to be pleased with the seafood dishes they offer. Ed offered us a price on the total package that we just couldn't refuse. I guess the ceiling indoors is low now that I think about it, but I'm not sure if we're doing the bouquet/garter toss. One thing I loved about him is he doesn't charge for the dinnerware, linens, or chair covers like the other venues we looked at. Literally every question I have asked him regarding set up, menu, etc he has responded with "we will do whatever you want so you can have whatever you want."  

One thing I have heard from other posts on here though is that it can't  hold as many people as they say it will. I think their website says they can hold 250 or something? We're  having 80 people and I think that's probably around as many as what the deck can comfortably hold without starting to get crowded. If you have a large party there's going to be guests that have to be seated inside. Same with the dance floor, if you're having a large party it will be too small.

I'll be sure to post full reviews of all my vendors after the wedding. HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards