Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Sensitive eyes

I have sensitive eyes and I am looking for eye liner, mascara and shadow that may not irritate my eyes as much on my wedding day...I usually wear minimal day-to-day to work if any at all and my glasses if it isn't a special occasion. I have tried several different brands and hypoallergenic. If anyone can help me with a certain brand they've had good luck with, please help! I already use drops, so I don't need any names of those. Thanks! :)

Re: Sensitive eyes

• Options
    Could you explain what bothers you? For example, some eyeshadows make my eyelids itchy, but I find that primer helps (Urban Decay Primer Potion is my favorite).

I have yet to find mascara that doesn't bother my eyes, so I avoid it as much as possible.
  • Options
    I'm curious to see other recs as well.  almay mascara in the white tube worked for a while, but it's not a 100% perfect and after a while it got a little irritating too.  i've found non-waterproof is better than waterproof too. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_sensitive-eyes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:7c5309eb-2704-4f4c-b897-66723f315ce2Post:77a6cecf-2c48-4f9d-8683-d1038c00708a">Re: Sensitive eyes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you explain what bothers you? For example, some eyeshadows make my eyelids itchy, but I find that primer helps (Urban Decay Primer Potion is my favorite). I have yet to find mascara that doesn't bother my eyes, so I avoid it as much as possible.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

My eyes burn in general, they are just dry and I have had problems in the past, that's why I usually just wear glasses instead of contacts so I don't have to deal with it and why I don't bother with a lot of make-up on a day to day basis. I haven't tried primer ever so I don't know if that will make a difference or not...
  • Options
    A primer might help makeup from migrating into your eyes. Also a no-budge liner might help. Mac fluidline is a gel that you apply with a brush. A thin angled brush like this (click here) works best for me. Also, Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil liners are very durable and stay in place. I wouln't use either choice on the inner rim of your eyes though (but if your eyes bug you, you probably never do that anyway).
  • Options
    Almay and Neutrogena make-up is specifically designed for sensitive skin/people with allergies. I would try their line of cosmetics before you go to a department store and drop tons of money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My sister and I both have very sensitive eyes and we both swear by CoverGirl lash blast.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have tried Almay, Neutrogena and Covergirl and pretty much everyone other brand...anyone have any suggestions for department store brands? I have already tried clinique...
  • Options
    What about Bare Minerals?  I've never used the products, but they're supposed to be all natural.  
  • Options
    meep2meep2 member
    First Comment
    My problem used to be that I'd get stuff in my eyes that would irritate my contacts all. the. time. So I went on a quest to find makeup that would stay on and not flake but that I would have to remove my skin with in take off. I personally love Smashbox's gel liner and Clinique's Lash Power Long Wearing Mascara. The latter isn't waterproof, but stays on through just about everything except actual soap and warm water. It's amazing and doesn't clump. On the rare occasions I use shadow I also find a nice primer (I use Clinique's cream) specifically for eye makeup to be useful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards