Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Cultural references in your vows?

Hi -
I'm doing research for a newspaper article about people who write their own wedding vows, and in particular vows that reference or are influenced by books, music, poetry, film or television characters. I would love to read posts about this, and I am also looking for people who are interested in being interviewed for the story -- in which case, please shoot me a private message with your email or phone number.
Thanks!

Re: Cultural references in your vows?

• You are not allowed to solicit on these boards. It's in the agreement you were supposed to read when you made your account. Reported.
  • I am a reporter hoping to connect with brides who have written their own wedding vows, and who included cultural references to books, poems, music, film or television. I've read a lot of posts by people who wrote their own vows but I haven't seen much about if certain writers, or pop culture love stories, or artists have been influential in the words that were chosen for the ceremony. I'd love to hear from people who have insight on this.
    Thanks!
  • Ahem. This is the link to the terms of use:

Which explicitly says no soliciting of any kind on the forums. Nice try, but there is a proper avenue for what you want to do, which involves going through the Knot administrators, who would then post the request on your behalf.
  • The reason that it's a violation of the terms of service is that you're not a bride, you're a reporter.  You're not looking for this information for your personal use in your own wedding; you're looking for this information for use in an article and potentially your own financial gain.  By our definition here, that's soliciting.

Go away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards