Hawaii
Options

Some of my DIY

disclaimer... some of these items are copies of items I had seen online. I have posted tutorials on Weddingbee under the name mskoloa.

A flowchart... possible save the date.

I made a flow chart! :  wedding diy flow chart pages WB Flow Chart Picture

A map to our venue
I made a map! :  wedding diy map pages Map Picture

Grow-Your-Own-Herb favors

I made favors! :  wedding budget diy favor herb madlib plant In Box

I made favors! :  wedding budget diy favor herb madlib plant Out Of Box

I made favors! :  wedding budget diy favor herb madlib plant Favor Bow

Guestbook Madlibs to prevent the awkward "congrats with signature" message

I made favors! :  wedding budget diy favor herb madlib plant Wbmadlibs

Do you folks have any cool things you've created??

Re: Some of my DIY

• Options
    I love the flow chart save the date. What a neat idea. You did a great job with the guest book, favors and the map too. We did a ton of paper DIYs, I Do shoe bling and OTT boxes. I think everything turned out well and it made the day that much more special.
  • Options
    FSForeverFSForever member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Your STDs are very creative. Great Idea! We also did a mad lib type card to put in the welcome bags. I just received them from VP and there is a minor typo. FH said to leave it not such a big deal. If you click down to the right of my signatures there is a bio link. That has the stuff I have completed so far. FH is working OT today and its raining so I plan to wrap up about 4 or 5 projects and then we are pretty close to being done. 

• Options
    Thanks! I just made some cake toppers too.

• Options
    Wow, I am seriously impressed with you gals.  We are getting married Nov 3rd (this year!) at Olowalu and we are just getting our invitatons together now!  Well we did only get engaged about 8 weeks ago, so I'm just happy that we are able to get everything together.  Good thing I'm a teacher with the summer off, so I have time to get started!
  • Options
    @Ms. Major, the cake toppers are really cute. 
  • Options
    I love the grow your own herbs idea!! We want to start a garden of our own and would love to share that with guests...very symbolic.
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I teach too, so summer time is my DIY time! The cake toppers were easy... I posted a quick tutorial on weddingbee under MsKoloa. Basically you buy little wooden people (they make ones that look more like it's wearing a dress, also, but not small enough for my needs) and trace with a pencil what you want to paint on it. I used acrylic paints and very small brushes to paint them BUT maybe if I were to do it again (for a friend of course!) I would use paint markers to be more precise. $50 on etsy and $1.50 DIY. :)

The grow-your-own-herb boxes cost me about $1 per box. The tutorial for that would take too long to type so I'll post a link here from my weddingbee post.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards