Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bride To Be Hosting the Bridal Shower??

Does it seem selfish as the Bride-to-be to host your own Bridal Shower or no? Money is tight for my whole Bridal Party, but my Maid Of Honor is doing the Bachlorette Party, so I was just thinking of throwing the shower myself. Is this wrong in anyway??

Re: Bride To Be Hosting the Bridal Shower??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes. You really shouldn't be hosting a party in your own honor, especially one where people are expected to bring you gifts. It can come across as very gift grabby. 

You don't have to have a bridal shower and if no one offers then you don't. You never know who might step up to host one, like your mom or FILs, so don't sweat about it right now, especially if the date in your bio is right and your wedding isn't for almost 2 more years. It's way too early to even be concerned about stuff like this. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know it's super early, I was just thinking about it and what not is all! I did think it was in ways wrong, but haven't been to too many myself or not knowing to many ladies to get married also. Thanks for advice!! Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not a problem. Just try not to let the little details bother you right now, there will be plenty to worry about later. Happy planning!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards