Florida-Central Florida

Booking a hotel block

This may sound silly, but I really have no idea how to go about this. I know my immediate family will need 2-3 rooms, but have no idea how many other people will be interested. Most of our guests live within a 2 hour drive or will be staying with relatives within a 2 hour drive, but I do know some people may wish to, umm celebrate to the fullest (i.e. get drunk) and may need a room. How many should I ask for? What are the rules for changing numbers etc? Also, anyone have recommendations for an inexpensive but nice hotel in Lake Mary? TIA

Re: Booking a hotel block

• edited December 2011
    I called the Westin and Marriott in Lake Mary.  I asked to speak to the person who handles hotel room blocks.  Both places quoted me rates.  We ultimately went with the Westin.  I was able to negotiate a lower rate that they originally quoted me.  You usually give them a rough idea of the number of rooms.  They give you a certain length of time for people to reserve rooms.  Any rooms not booked after that date the hotel will normally just release back to general reservations.  If someone tries to reserve a room after that date the hotel will usually honor the hotel block rate depending on availability.  It usually isn't a problem if you need to add more. 

I would also look at the Courtyard Marriott, Residence Inn or the Hyatt Place in Lake Mary.
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto megs on hotel recommendations.  Ask for a courtesy block.  They usually give you about ten rooms.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards