Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Tux /flower girl Question

If I am wearing ivory, does that mean my groom wears an ivory shirt? does that mean the flower girl wears ivory?

I just worry there are tons of shades of ivory, so not sure how that works....How did others do this to make sure everyone matched?

Re: Tux /flower girl Question

• Options
    My groom wore an ivory shirt because it looked better with his cream vest then the white shirt did.  The GMs all wore white shirts because the ivory shirts just looked dirty with their dark purple vests.  It really doesn't matter because in all the pictures it looks like we are all wearing the same color.

As for your flower girl, you can have her in any color that you want.  My niece (who was also my flower girl) wore a purple dress and looked freaking adorable.  Also, with darker colored dresses for the flower girls you run less of a risk of them dripping something down the front of them and having it show.

• Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2012

My partner wore a white shirt next to my Ivory dress.  You couldn't tell the difference.  I am not personally a fan of flower girls looking like mini-brides, so my flower girls had on bright green dresses. They were adorable.  The flower girl can be in any color you want.  You can put them in coordinating or matching dresses to compliment the bridesmaids.  There is no "rule" for that.  

Here is a photo of my partner & I.  My dress is ivory and my partner's shirt is white.

here is a picture of our flower girls  They ran up behind us and picked up my dress.  But, you can see, the dresses sure aren't white or ivory!  :)

• Options

I agree with the person who said that ivory shirts were a Men's Wearhouse concoction to upsell. We've already had a bad experience with our local Men's Wearhouse Tux place, so we won't be back there!  Yours may be better, but the people here didn't seem to know what they were talking about!

I say, incorporate a black vest and ivory tie for the groom and either black vest and tie or black vest and colored tie for the rest of the guys, including the ringboy.

• Options
    loca4pookloca4pook member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    I am staying away from the bridesmaid colors for FG because it's in eggplant and I am letting them choose the dress since there are three flower girls (long story-LOL) and one of them it out of town. I figured that might be a little trickier  to have them match since I have seen eggplant look so diffferent by each designer. I think choosing white might be cheaper because they can shop at any store including a communion type dress

I agree about men's wearhouse..We've already had prolems with prices. My fiance didn't even get to try on different tuxes..how crazy is thaT? how does he choose what he wants if they have nothing in the store for him to even try on
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards