Canada-Ontario
Options

Live Band recos

Hi there!

I am doing some research for a live band for our wedding. Has anyone been to a wedding that had a band that they really liked? I'm looking for a band that plays cover music (think Bier Market band) and get the crowd going! I'm also concerned about how they transition to breaks and if they lose people on the dance floor by pressing play on a CD player. I also have no idea of costs so if you can give a range to help me figure out what to expect to pay when I get quotes that would be great!!
Thanks!

Re: Live Band recos

• Options
    Hi Busy - a few years back, my friend had a band called Urban Cowboys.  They were amazing!!!  They played everything from R&B to Rock and the crowd loved it!  They have a website and I wanted them too, but to have them play for 3 hours was something like $3000.  Way out of budget for me so I opted for the DJ route!
  • Options
    I booked The Sound Parade - they actually play at the Bier Market sometimes.  My wedding is in Sept 2012, so I can't give a review yet.
  • Options
    I would recommend my band, The Doubts.  I watched them live during Christmas and loved them.  Very high energy and fun.  They also play at clubs and restaurants and such, so it's not just cheesy wedding style stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards