Latino Weddings
Options

las mananitas

i've heard this song played in church on religious days, but could this be played during a wedding mass?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: las mananitas

• Options

Las mañanitas as in the birthday song??

• Options
    lol, yeah that one. I heard the song in celebratory mass for the virgen de guadalupe earlier this week. someone else told me that it's not just for birthdays, it's for any time you celebrate. i figure i double-check...  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Huh.. interesting! I'm sure you can play it if you'd like to, but I'd double check for sure. Because I don't know how many people know that the song is played for anything else but birthdays. I imagine the majority who don't know this bit of info could find it kind of weird or strange to hear what you usually think as "the birthday song" being played while you walk down the aisle lol you know?

But if you like the song that much and you can't play it at mass, why not play it at some point later in the day, like cocktail hour or after dinner? With a nice mariachi band or something? GL :)
  • Options
    i was thinking of having a mariachi play our mass, but to be safe, i'll probably wait until the reception if i choose to play it. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

oh wow, i'm definitely leaving it out then... lol

i don't speak spanish and my comprehension is okay. when i heard it, i loved the music but had no idea on the lyrics. i figured if they played it during mass, it would be okay to use it.

thanks a bunch! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_las-mananitas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:e6ba13d6-7839-4cc7-b84a-2e84b091186dPost:9458e0f9-4b2d-433b-9a87-ba91305c84ef">Re: las mananitas</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh wow, i'm definitely leaving it out then... lol i don't speak spanish and my comprehension is okay. when i heard it, i loved the music but had no idea on the lyrics. i figured if they played it during mass, it would be okay to use it. thanks a bunch! :)
    Posted by pxbride13[/QUOTE]

Ohh ok. That makes much more sense now. I was confused as to why someone who knew the song and lyrics would want it played at their wedding when it's obviously the birthday song haha. I think PP's suggestion is great though.. leave out the words. And definitely not during the ceremony ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards