Canada-Ontario

are you having your bride-father groom-mother dance together - one song?

Are you sharing the bride-father  and groom-mother dance at the same time to one song or are you doing 2 songs or something else all together.

I dont want to make my guests sit thru 2 songs, but how can we come up with a song for all of us ?

Re: are you having your bride-father groom-mother dance together - one song?

• sugiepiesugiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a wonderful world
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing 2 separate songs - using the first minute or so of each to dance with our respective mother or father, than letting our other parent cut in for parents to dance together - we are using their original wedding songs for each.
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing two seperate songs too. We had to remind ourselves that as much as it's OUR special day, it's also a very important day for our parents.
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing two separate songs.  If you're worried that your guests won't want to sit through two songs, maybe you could pick really short ones?  But there are plenty of neutral songs that would work for both father/daughter and mother/son like "Because You Loved Me" or "Wind Beneath my Wings" or "It's a Wonderful World" or "I Hope You Dance"...well, you get the point.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did one song with both dances at once.  Mostly, I didn't really even want the father/daughter dance, cause I think my dad's a bit of a douche, but it was important to my H.

We used the song Thanks Again by Ricky Skaggs.

As for being worried about your guests not wanting to sit through two songs, it's a wedding reception.  They knew what they were getting themselves into when they RSVP'd. :)
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like that - "they knew what they were getting into when they RSVP'd "
    very true

I think we will have 2 songs but cut them short.  I also dont want to dance with my Dad with all eyes on us for that long.  Maybe we will get people to join us after 30 seconds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards