Maryland-Baltimore

La fountain Bleue

Has anyone been to any weddings or had weddings here. I wanted the Glen Burnie location. How are the coordinators is the food good?

Re: La fountain Bleue

• edited December 2011

I was a guest at a wedding there and it was small, but that's what they wanted. The reception was a good time, they had a buffet and I liked the food, it wasn't out of this world but it wasn't horrible.  As for the coordinators, I really don't remember, sorry. I hope this helps.

• edited December 2011
    I've been to two weddings there. The only "bad" thing was someone spilled a drink and no one bothered to clean it up. My friend asked for some towels and the server said something along the lines of "not my problem." The food is okay, nothing to write home about.
    planning

• edited December 2011
    I went to a christmas party there and I gotta say I was not very impressed.  I don't remember the food and we left pretty quick. 

I don't now how this place is but they came up in my search for a venue.  They look like they may be a little classier:

http://www.michaelseighthavenue.com/

good luck.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JennigoesUSAJennigoesUSA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to the La Fontaine Bleu several times and can only echo what others said. It is ok but nothing spectacular. Michales 8th Ave that was mentioned above is pretty bad though.. I would recommend La Fontain Bleu over Michaels at any time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 4n6chick4n6chick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someone I know through work got married there a few weeks ago and raved about it, except that apparently the room they had supposedly locked for her and the rest of the bridal party must have been left unlocked because someone stole her iPhone.  Other than that she had a great time, said the food was good, and recommended it.

It wasn't one of the places we looked at - an organization I'm in had their holiday party there three years ago and it was fine.  Too expensive for what we got IMHO but everyone had a good time and the coordinator they had assigned to us that evening was great - he actually was also the MC for the night I suppose (we did have a DJ) but he really got people up and dancing.  I don't remember his name, though, unfortunately.  The food was fine, from what I remember - nothing to write home about but not bad either.

As for Michael's, we did look there because it was fairly cheap but I didn't like that there would be another event going on at the same time (possibly three or more) and even though when it's all decorated it looks nice I also didn't like that there wasn't a separate space for the cocktail hour.  It was just...ok.  I'd had the food there at another event years ago but I honestly don't remember if I liked it or not.

Our second choice for the reception was Overhills Mansion in Baltimore County (I think the official address might be Catonsville, not sure though).  It was easy to get too, right at the end of I-195 near UMBC.  http://www.overhillsmansion.com/ It had a lot of different price options for food and the area around the mansion was nice.
  • SarahCandellSarahCandell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LFB is nice, but not fantastic. The coordinators are good, but I feel that their prices are a little high for what they offer. Their ballrooms dont fit many people over 200 and its a little outdated - which is why we ruled them out.

Michaels at 8th Ave is nice on the inside, but the outside is not the best and its located in not a great area.

I belong to a church close to both of those places and although they are nice, there are other better places in that area for the same or cheaper price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards