Florida-North Florida
Options

Cost of hair / make up

I want to have my hair stylist / make up artist come to us (we'll be in St Augustine / vilano beach) but wanted to get a feel for cost. I was in a wedding last spring and I think my hair cost around $50 with the stylist coming to us which seems reasonable. I have really long hair so when I've had brides ask me to put it all the way up it's run me into the $80's. 

I emailed "A Glamour Bride" and she said - 

Hair only $70
Makeup: $70
Makeup and Hair: $125
Bride Free: with 5 others booking hair or makeup

Free for the bride sounds really awesome but $70 for the bridesmaid's hair seems really high since I am not having my girls put their hair all the way up and my one bridesmaid and both moms have short hair and won't be much work. 

Anyone have any other recomendations or can share their costs of both in and out of salons?

Re: Cost of hair / make up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the midst of trying to find mine - that is insanely high in my opinion - especially when I only have 3 that I am paying for asides from myself, being my 2 bms and my mom. I'll let you know what feedback I start to get back :) It'll be nice to compare notes!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was $60 for me and $45 each BM and my mom for hair.  My sister had short hair so she opted to do her own.  If the moms and one BM have short hair then you should talk to the stylist and see if you can get a discount for them since it won't be as much work.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I emailed her back and said that was too much since it would only be half up and she came back with $60. I think I'll keep looknig around. 

Jagore08 - did you go to a salon or did they come to you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, I've done a scan of hair salons in the St Augustine area just with going to the salon and they seem around that price range and more. Make up artists seem to be a LOT more. I like that I only talk with one person for both hair and make up vs contracting separately. I emailed her some more questions but haven't heard back. She seems a little slow on the responses. I'll post on the board to see if people have reviews on A Glamour Bride specifically. 
  • Options
    cbabercbaber member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid $70 for my trial and $320 for my make-up/hair person to travel to me on the day of . . $390+tip total . . so, to me, if you like the work, $125 is a STEAL!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying $100 for my makeup, which includes the trial and lashes, and she's going to come to my location. I'm using Artistry by Erin and she does work with a partner who does hair, and they do discounts for bridal parties when they work together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kaity - I was referred to her by a Navy Wife photographer - how do you like her? She's still working on her pricing for 2012 from what she told me but gave me a price for E Pictures. Is she doing just your makeup or hair as well?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll have to contact her too. Thanks for sharing. I'm willing to go with A Glamour Bride but she takes forever to respond to emails which makes me uneasy. She's updating her blogs and facebook fan page - and her last email said they had 7 weddings last week so I understand she's busy but it shouldn't take me emailing you three times, ya know?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid a lot more than that for my makeup and hair.  Those prices sound about average to me.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I emailed Aristry by Erin. I think I might go with her. Her hair stylist partner is leaving but she is pairing up with someone name Kelly in early next year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    amh04- Just my makeup, but thanks so much for sharing, FutureMrsMiller! I'll email her back and see if I can't get her new partner to do my hair. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a bridal event at Black Finn last night and met the ladies of http://www.simplymakeupartists.com/ - really enjoyed talking with them and they are so affordable! My bridesmaids were planning to go to salons on their own bc I couldn't find something they could afford on location but now everyone is getting ready together. I especially love that the flower girls get to take part for free :) They already have my weekend on their calendar! So happy :)

FOR THE BRIDE

On Location Wedding Makeup | $65
    Includes wedding day makeup and complimentary MAC lashes.
    *Keep your Mac lipgloss for $10

*Airbrush Application*  
    Complimentary 

Makeup Trial Run | $45 at our salon or $50 onsite.
    This fee also covers on-location travel expenses and supply costs.
    *St. Augustine travel fee | $20
    **$1 per mile for every additional mile

FOR THE BRIDAL PARTY
    On Location Wedding Makeup | $45
    $50- includes MAC lashes.
    *Airbrush Application*  
    Additional $15

Flower Girls | Complimentary
    Trial Run | $25
    Bring a second wedding party member to get a trial run makeup application.

FOR THE BRIDE

On Location Wedding Hair | $60

Trial Run | $50 on location
    *St. Augustine travel fee | $20
    **$1 per mile for every additional mile

FOR THE BRIDAL PARTY

On Location Wedding Hair | $50

Flower Girls | Complimentary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards