New York-New York City
Options

Winter Wedding reception in NYC

any thoughts???

because I dont know where to start as Im sat at home infront of my pc in the UK?? We will be married at Central Park - Ladies Pavilion on December 16th.. altho im still tempted to change my mind on the venue yet..due to weather wobbles lol

the pressure is on a bit as the (non) plans have started to affect my sleeping..any helpful suggestions you can offer will be gratefully received

Re: Winter Wedding reception in NYC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    any thoughts???

because I dont know where to start as Im sat at home infront of my pc in the UK?? We will be married at Central Park - Ladies Pavilion on December 16th.. altho im still tempted to change my mind on the venue yet..due to weather wobbles lol

the pressure is on a bit as the (non) plans have started to affect my sleeping..any helpful suggestions you can offer will be gratefully received
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first question I have is how will your guests get in and out of the park if the weather is bad- will you provide transportation?

As for venues- how many guests and what is your budget? If you are not sure, you might try browsing on weddingwire.com for ideas and price ranges. Set your Budget first, then secure a venue and then other vendors!

Also remember December is holiday season- so hotels will be more expensive and holiday parties may book up some venues. Did you consider January for a winter wedding? Are you guests from out of town (and will need to get hotels?). Most hotels in NYC don't offer good room block rates (except the W), so they will be at the mercy of the season.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hI, we are all from out of town -  but thanks for the point about the holiday season..i need to sort something smartish.

ill check the site out now
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many guests do you plan on having both at the ceremony and the reception? And do you care how far the reception is from the park?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there,

there are seven of us in total..we would like to go for afternoon tea at the waldorf but dont envisage that being our reception..we thort of a light lunch somewhere first?

Then maybe world Yacht for the evening? but reviews are mixed on this one - v touristy and v expensive i believe.

Were just looking for something v special, im sure you all understand
  • Options
    lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would not recommend the cruise in the wintertime.

The Oak Room at the plaza for lunch is really nice, and closer to the Park. It is on the Park.

As far as the special event, a guess a budget would be helpful.  If you want a tasting menu at one of the nicer restuarants, you can always do something for about $300 pp.  If you are looking for just a nice restaurant around $100, can probably find a few for you. 

Oh wait...brunch at the Plaza is amazing. I think it's $120pp with unlimited champagne.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    mm unlimited champagne..i am liking that..plaza?? where is that?

budget..im thinking $100 in the day b ut we also have the night to "fill in" aswell..thats why I thought of the yacht..but maybe after your recommendation I will be thinking again on that one.

We justy dont want to get married and then be standing there looking at each other thinking "now what" lol

has anyone been to the waldorf for afternoon tea??

Louisa
  • Options
    lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

MM--it was brunch at the waldorf!   That's where there was the unlimited champagne!!!

If you want something kind of touristy cool, i'm a big fan of the top of the marriott marquis because the whole floor rotates.

The waldorf is lovely, never been there for tea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards