August 2013 Weddings

Bridesmaid shopping

So this has been looming and I was starting to get panicked, but I finally got most of the girls together to shop for dresses. We had fun but a couple girls are plus size and the shop didn't have many options for the samples to try on. We narrowed the choices down to two dresses- both bill levkoff #159 and 775 in regency. We made an appointment for next weekend to try David's bridal and Alfred Angelo to see how we do there. BUT while we were at the shop, I got to see my dress!!!!! I didn't put it on, but it was so amazing to see it!- it's beautiful!
Do you all have your bm dresses ordered?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid shopping

• linnyv27linnyv27 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_bridesmaid-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:f981718c-8053-45ed-b43d-440434fd3360Post:812f7721-9189-4e6d-ac95-5853a18dcba3">Bridesmaid shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]So this has been looming and I was starting to get panicked, but I finally got most of the girls together to shop for dresses. We had fun but a couple girls are plus size and the shop didn't have many options for the samples to try on. We narrowed the choices down to two dresses- both bill levkoff #159 and 775 in regency. We made an appointment for next weekend to try David's bridal and Alfred Angelo to see how we do there. BUT while we were at the shop, I got to see my dress!!!!! I didn't put it on, but it was so amazing to see it!- it's beautiful! Do you all have your bm dresses ordered?
    Posted by mrsrutkowski[/QUOTE]

I have a bridesmaid that is plus size and it was difficult sometimes because shops just didn't have many dresses for her to try. So it's great that you are checking out more shops to try on more.

My bms are picking out their own dresses (long and light pink is the only requirement) so they have been having fun with that but we are finally placing orders next Saturday. It's a relief because they have been looking since December!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 96 Are ready to party
    image 27 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are undecided
  • Our BMs ordered their dresses mid February. We went with Bill Levkoff, I think all of his dresses are flattering.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ashelton09Ashelton09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    My BMs and I went to try on styles and colors back in January. I told them they all need to order by the end of March. So far 1 out of 4 girls has ordered theirs. We went with Davids Bridal! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  •  We didn't order yet - my mom is placing the order for them all together, since she works for the company that makes the dresses and thus gets a hefty discount. As of now, if we order today they have an arrival date of June 1. So I need to get them ordered!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• I ordered with 4 out of 6 girls last Saturday.  We had a great time and it was super easy!  They each picked out a blue chiffon dress in a style and shade of blue they liked, and I loved seeing what they chose.

The last two are trickier.  Both are my cousins.  One of the cousins was supposed to come shopping with us but bailed at the last minute; I just gave her the info on how to pick out the dress and order and I'll trust her to take care of it.  I think she prefers shopping on her own, which is totally fine.  My other cousin does not live near an Alfred Angelo store (we went with them tbecause I can get them a $20 discount since I purchased my dress there), so she is trickier.  She is doing some travelling in a couple of weeks, and wants to try to find a place to try on her favorite dress while she's on the road.  If she gets to, or if we get too close to the April 15 deadline to have it by July 16, I'll call my local store to order for her.  I hope it all works out!
  • One of my 3 girls has already ordered her dress, I am going with the other 2 April 6th so they can order their dresses. We are ordering them from DB, I just told them which color they had to order in and the rest was up to them.
  • We got ours!  We went with fuschia one shoulder sundresses from Jcrew outlet's online store.  Even though no one tried them on before buying everyone is happy with the dress.
  • 5 of my 7 girls live out of state, so I had to rely on the two who live in-town to help me find dresses that would "work for all". For me, it was an ovewhleming process even with two girls... I can't image if all 7 were in town and giving their opinions! My head might have spun off. lol  In the end, we also selected Bill Levkoff dresses. I picked 3 styles, sent the girls the style numbers and asked them to go get measured/try the dresses on in thier respective cities. My MOH will be in one style and the other 2 styles were divided evenly amongst the other 6. Just as a tip: I found the dresses on-line at weddingshoppeinc.com for almost $130 dollars less than what the store we found them at was charging. I placed all 7 orders at once so they come from the same dye lot. I hope it all works out like I want it to, but it at least felt good to save the girls some $. :)
  • 5 out of my 6 have ordered theirs, and two have already gotten them in.  We went with two different styles from David's that are similar styles.  A strapless sweetheart neckline and a cap sleeve sweetheart neckline dress.  In a color called "bluebird."  Kind of like a periwinkle, with more blue to it, than purple.  It was a rather easy process, and the girls liked the dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards