Snarky Brides

Procrastinating

So after a day from hell dealing with a litany of people who appear to be suffering from cranial-rectal inversion.  I've decided I don't want to fold these baskets of laundry- I'd rather poke around on the boards.

What's your most hated household chore?  I'm divided between laundry and running the vacuum. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Procrastinating

• Putting clean sheets on the bed. Hands-down. It's FI's job to do the fitted sheet. I'll vacuum the rest of our lives but that sheet is so frustrating.
    June 16, 2012
  • kushie77kushie77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_procrastinating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:12394f13-5757-40f3-85f9-6671ea8c8556Post:3dde7e0f-1c74-4af6-a8e5-b6ab39e89fc3">Re: Procrastinating</a>:
    [QUOTE]Putting clean sheets on the bed. Hands-down. It's FI's job to do the fitted sheet. I'll vacuum the rest of our lives but that sheet is so frustrating.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

I love clean sheet day!  But it is a pain in the ass trying to wrestle that sheet on,esp since we have a 5 inch feather bed and a king sized mattress. 
  • I'm torn between dusting and cleaning the hardwood floors... I despise both. I'll clean the bathrooms, vacuum and do the laundry any day, but I hate those dusting and doing the floors.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_procrastinating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:12394f13-5757-40f3-85f9-6671ea8c8556Post:3b282afe-e6d8-4884-874d-a37ede640c10">Re: Procrastinating</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Procrastinating : I love clean sheet day!  But it is a pain in the ass trying to wrestle that sheet on,esp since we have a 5 inch feather bed and a king sized mattress. 
    Posted by kushie77[/QUOTE]

I just can never get it on right. I fix one side and then the other corners get messed up. Love them once they're on.
    June 16, 2012
  • I hate cleaning the bathroom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_procrastinating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:12394f13-5757-40f3-85f9-6671ea8c8556Post:d4c8bc6b-d383-491b-9ce9-548672fba2b6">Re: Procrastinating</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does cleaning up cat puke count as a chore?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

LOL! not sure but it is something I punt to FI everytime, the mere sight of it makes me gag!
  • Dusting and dishes. And cat puke.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_procrastinating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:12394f13-5757-40f3-85f9-6671ea8c8556Post:74dfb3e9-4b85-4bd6-994b-0e0219a53649">Re: Procrastinating</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's actually not too bad.  But she does it a lot and I don't know why. I don't think she is sick but I will ask the vet next time we take her in.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

our Lilly girl used to be a puker when we first got her.  Turned out to be an allergy to corn.  We switched to Blue Buffalo and she hasn't puked once since.  Now Socks on the other hand is a champion barfer.  He likes to eat ribbons/string and puke in FI shoes for some reason. 
  • I hate doing the dishes and sweeping (we have hardwood floors), so BF takes care of that.

My kitty used to puke all the time. He had a sensitivity to lots of different foods/dyes. Iams Hairball was the only stuff he could keep down, and even then he'd still get sick once every day or two if he ate too fast/too much. Measuring didn't work for him because if the bowl got empty and I didn't notice, he'd wolf down whatever I put in there. If I measured, he'd end up wolfing it down every time. I ended up keeping it full all the time so he wouldn't go crazy and over-eat.
  • Duds is right. Kitten food has a lot of fat and stuff in it to help plump them up. Mixing it is a great idea; otherwise, it might bother her tummy to change food so quickly.
  • I'd rather do about anything than dishes.  It grosses me out. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_procrastinating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:12394f13-5757-40f3-85f9-6671ea8c8556Post:3d7b04b4-dae4-47c7-b584-fceff4ac0a9b">Re: Procrastinating</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think mixing is the way to go. That's what our vet has always recommended if we have to switch food.  We are in the process of switching the dog to adult food and doing 1/2 and 1/2 for a few weeks and then all adult food.  He hasn't seemed to notice so far.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it is working.  When we swiched ours over, Lilly only ate the new food and flung the other stuff out of the bowl. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_procrastinating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:12394f13-5757-40f3-85f9-6671ea8c8556Post:2dfeeb2d-d42c-4c93-af88-9fe63c96bca8">Re: Procrastinating</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm moving house, my entire world is a chore right now.
    Posted by 1covejack[/QUOTE]

Bleh, I know what you mean. I'd take regular household chores over unpacking, moving furniture, and painting any day. I keep telling myself it will be worth it when it's done and everything is where it's supposed to be, right?

I will do any household chore except mopping. I don't know why, but I don't mind sweeping at all. Just the mopping part.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I always despise the bathroom.  I actually quite enjoy the kitchen and dusting.  Once I'm in the mood to do it, it's on like Donkey Kong.

I also hate HATE taking out the garbage. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Cleaning the shower. Floor to ceiling white tile=tedious. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_procrastinating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:12394f13-5757-40f3-85f9-6671ea8c8556Post:9e0b6b7e-b79b-42f2-bd42-d2faed4633b5">Re: Procrastinating</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cleaning the shower. Floor to ceiling white tile=tedious. 
    Posted by csweaney[/QUOTE]

This.

I find laundry soothing. I can only fold and do laundry when I am watching tv.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards