June 2012 Weddings
Options

Venue vent.

I had some questions for the director before we sent in our paperwork to hold the venue. Well, he is saying that we can only have the space from 12pm to 12am and only one hour (4pm-5) the night before to do a rehearsal. I am peeved because he basically implied that we could get in earlier since the won't have any shows and people usually don't have friday night weddings. He said we could probably get in if they don't have an event that night.

I have been stressing about our hair situation because we need a lot of time to get 9 ladies done. (We are getting two ladies to do hair to cut the time down.) And now he is telling us that we basically have to set up the place within that 12 hour window also. I was planning on doing a quick walk through of the wedding and then putting our bouquets/bouts and centerpieces together, getting the tablecloths, runners and centerpieces all set up so we didn't have to do that the same day.

I have a back-up plan (putting all the flowers together at my house and taking them over at noon to set up. Also getting hair done at my house so we don't have to cut into the reception.) but it isn't ideal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Venue vent.

• Options
    that sucks, what about looking into other venues?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_venue-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c27021db-8b36-4b72-b411-a2b7053f4f5fPost:66140c9c-9f74-4020-8697-2b1e70cbddd4">Re: Venue vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]that sucks, what about looking into other venues?
    Posted by sweetcanadian1979[/QUOTE]

We are set on this one. I don't want to change my mind again! I feel like a crazy person. haha

We will just deal, it is dumb though. It is also added stress that I don't need on top of all the usual stuff.
  • Options
    I think if you're really well-organized (and it sounds like you are) and you can recruit some help, it doesn't have to be stressful!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_venue-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c27021db-8b36-4b72-b411-a2b7053f4f5fPost:a6d14c30-709b-4372-bcdd-d29598045e9a">Re: Venue vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think if you're really well-organized (and it sounds like you are) and you can recruit some help, it doesn't have to be stressful!
    Posted by kipnus[/QUOTE]

I will have tons of help (I am very thankful for them) but I wanted it to be relaxed and not rushed. I wanted to spread it out over the two days.

I'm sure it will be fine, just more packed than I wanted it.
  • Options
    So sorry you're having venue stress. I can relate totally. We're having our reception at a golf club and cannot get int to decorate at all until the day of our wedding. Luckily the staff there will decorate our tables for us if we show them what we want, but the rest is up to us. Are there any staff at the venue you want that will decorate some for you?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a similar problem with my venue. You have to pay for additional time for set up and clean up. I am having my coordinator organize everything for the set up so that I do not have to worry about it on the wedding day and can relax.

Maybe you could deligate the set up to friend or family member who is not in the wedding party. There is always someone who enjoys planning and decorating for events and would be more than willing to help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_venue-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c27021db-8b36-4b72-b411-a2b7053f4f5fPost:a6d14c30-709b-4372-bcdd-d29598045e9a">Re: Venue vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think if you're really well-organized (and it sounds like you are) and you can recruit some help, it doesn't have to be stressful!
    Posted by kipnus[/QUOTE]
    agree!
  • Options
    With our venue we're only allowed in 3 hours before the event start time. So we're going to get our hair done at the hairdresser's house (cheaper prices!) and then I'm going to see if she'd be able to come to the mansion afterwards to do our makeup (I'm wary about having makeup done before lunch and would like to be there as early as possible to go through everything). Then, we have to be out by 11, and that includes cleaning up. I feel your pain!
    Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards