Chit Chat
Options

dreams of x's

Hey girls, So I am getting closer and closer to my wedding. I'm not nervous by any means, but the past two days I've been dreaming of past relationships. I'm just looking to see if any of you girls have experienced this too? I find it interesting that even tho I know I want to marry this man and love him with all my heart and have not talked to or thought about my x relationships in a very very long time that I'm still dreaming about them.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: dreams of x's

• Options
    I haven't experienced this myself, but I've definitely seen this question appear before on these message boards, so you're not the only one, if that helps.  Unless you think they're indicative of some larger problem (for example, you're dreaming about your ex John because John had a particular quality that your FI doesn't have and you're worried about it), I wouldn't worry about it.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    I've had them before but I didn't think they were a big deal. I didn't wake up longing for them or anything. People in your past are going to be in your dreams..exes, random people from high school, etc. It happens. I wouldn't look too far into it (it might cause more dreams haha).
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    I had dreams about exs for the first month or so after getting engaged. Hadn't even spoken to the guy since FI and I got together 5 years ago. I think my mind just wanted to tie up some loose ends. It's not that big of a deal unless it's pointing to something wrong in your relationship.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    A good friend of mine dreamt of all her exes in sequential order just before her wedding. All sort of "saying goodbye, moving on" dreams. I think Spunky's right about tying up loose ends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_dreams-of-xs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:f8304b5b-cf8d-4101-bde5-bfae94330910Post:1995a808-7c85-464e-b9bc-89b22080d74d">Re: dreams of x's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eh, I've had dreams about ex's.  NBD.  <strong>Actually, when I woke up, I was so thankful that they were, in fact, ex's.
    </strong>Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

The bolded.  My dreams involved xH.
  • Options
    No ex dreams, but I have had several inappropriate dreams about one of FI's good friends.  It worried me until I realized that it's no big deal, and in fact pretty normal to occasionally find someone other than your FI physically attractive, it means nothing.  I'm not sure what your ex dreams contain, but as long as they aren't because of a problem in the relationship, and you are still 100% madly in love with you FI and want to get married and be happy, I wouldn't worry about it!
  • Options

Unless these dreams are stirring up the old feelings and/or are making you legitimately question your current relationship, I wouldn't look too deeply into it.

I've been happily married for 2 years, and I still sometimes dream about my ex. I have zero desire to get back together with him, and I certainly don't think my relationship with DH is a mistake. When it happens, I chalk it up to "just a dream", just like I do when any other random person from my past pops up. No biggie.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    Thanks girls! Not not sturring up any feelings what so ever, just wanted to mkae sure I wasn't the only one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_dreams-of-xs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:f8304b5b-cf8d-4101-bde5-bfae94330910Post:2670809d-ceac-4045-9e30-13f5a3814e5b">dreams of x's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey girls, So I am getting closer and closer to my wedding. I'm not nervous by any means, but the past two days I've been dreaming of past relationships. I'm just looking to see if any of you girls have experienced this too? I find it interesting that even tho I know I want to marry this man and love him with all my heart and have not talked to or thought about my x relationships in a very very long time that I'm still dreaming about them.
    Posted by jlocascio85[/QUOTE]
    Dreaming as in while you are sleeping? You can't control your dreams, so I wouldn't think anything of it. If you start to daydream about exes on a regular basis, I would be concerned.
    Due 10/21/13 with our first baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Shortly before I got married, I had a dream about smashing in my ex's knees with a crowbar. Does that count?
  • Options
    I had very real dream the other night about mine. We were doing stuff and in the middle of it I jumped up and told him I am getting married soon. I woke up freaked out. But this person was very integral part of my life for a long time so it is only natural for your subconscious to still bring him up every once in a while. 

• Options
    I think it's natural. Like PP said, you can't control what you dream about. I would say if you don't give your exes a second thought and they randomly pop up in your dreams, there is nothing you can really do. I wouldn't read into it either, it will only get you more upset when you don't need to be.

Now, if you have been actively thinking about your exes since coming closer to your wedding, that might be something you want to deal with. I don't think about my exes at all unless they are somehow brought up in conversation, and even then once the convo is over, so are my thoughts. I waste about as much time on them as they did on me.

I have random people pop up in my dreams all the time. People I haven't seen in years. On rare occasions an ex pops in, but usually I'm yelling at them or ball tapping them. I've even dreamt of my FI's exes, and I've only seen pictures of some of them. No worries!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards