Registry and Gift Forum
Options

help lol

Is it ok to ask for cash if we dont need a lot of stuff for our house? Rather it be used for our honeymoon or while were on our honeymoon?

Re: help lol

• Options
    It's not ok to ask for cash, or for any gift.  

If there's nothing you need, don't register.  People who are comfortable giving money will give it to you.  People who are not comfortable giving money will select their own gift or won't give anything.
  • Options
    No. It's never okay to do this in any form.  Make a small registry and when friends and family ask where you are registered say, "We're registered at X but we are saving for our honeymoon."
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    No it's rude and tacky to ask for cash.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Asking for cash is rude. There are several other posts about this topic on this page, so you might want to scroll down and read them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_help-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:28b5f0e9-3264-4cf2-a56a-b99399350fdbPost:9f2b5ae0-9a63-4a02-afa6-f2fa6ed54f54">Re: help lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]Asking for cash is rude. There are several other posts about this topic on this page, so you might want to scroll down and read them.
    Posted by MNVegas[/QUOTE]

Asking for cash may be rude, but so was the rest of this comment.  Not everyone has the time to read every single post.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_help-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:28b5f0e9-3264-4cf2-a56a-b99399350fdbPost:a1ce14be-04b9-40de-8b89-4e11f50bd058">Re: help lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: help lol : Asking for cash may be rude, but so was the rest of this comment.  Not everyone has the time to read every single post.
    Posted by ahope108[/QUOTE]

<div>No, but a person looking for help could take 30 seconds to scan the page and read the topics before asking a for help.</div><div>
    </div><div>Maybe it's just me, but if I'm going to ask someone to do something for me, I take the time to make sure it's not something I can do for myself first.  </div>
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_help-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:28b5f0e9-3264-4cf2-a56a-b99399350fdbPost:a1ce14be-04b9-40de-8b89-4e11f50bd058">Re: help lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: help lol : Asking for cash may be rude, but so was the rest of this comment.  Not everyone has the time to read every single post.
    Posted by ahope108[/QUOTE]

Wow - you must have the lowest threshold tolerance in the world for rudeness if "There are several other posts about this topic on this page, so you might want to scroll down and read them" is rude to you.  Helpful advice is not rude. "FFS, does nobody read any threads before posting??  We get asked this at least twice a damn week.  Try reading the other three posts on this subject that are on the <em>first </em>page of this board before asking.  Jeesh."  Now that would be rude,
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    You could always check out a honeymoon registry. Knotties are generally against them, but after lots of thought and research, my FH and I decided to do one through Honeymoon Pixie. We have really loved it so far, and think it's a great idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's never okay to ask for cash. Just don't register & people will get the hint.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know honeymoon registries are generally unpopular around here, but FI and I have one and it's gone over very well so far with guests.  We're using Traveler's Joy. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards