January 2013 Weddings
Options

Parent Gifts

Anyone else's parents footing a large chunk of the bill? What are you getting them to say thank you ? Nothing seems good enough to say thanks for forking out 1000's of dollars !

Re: Parent Gifts

• Options
    I will be giving my dad a framed picture of us dancing with the lyrics to the song we'll be dancing to.

FI's giving his dad a shadow box that will have a picture of him with his dad as a kid and picture of them on our wedding day and FI's old baseball glove because his dad coached him when he was little.

I made our moms bracelets that have infinity charms on them that we will include a note that says something along the lines of "Thank you for your infinite love." and we're also going to send flowers to both women to arrive on either the day before or the day of the wedding.
  • Options
    I'm stuck too... Originally I was thinking of doing flowers and a nice letter the day after the wedding with a little weekend getaway package... Like a couple nights in a hotel, some supper giftcards, etc. Then once we get our wedding pictures a fourphoto frame with a picture of me and my parents, siblings picture, family picture including FI, and picture of me and FI. And then the same for his parents... Buuuut idk. Im rethinking it.
  • Options
    Great ideas! I thought about writing a note and at the end saying something along the lines of "I know its not much, but wait a few years. We'll give you some grandchildren!" :
  • Options
    Hahaha, too cute. Yeah I mean, the way I see it, there is no way I'll ever be able to repay my parents for everything they've done and are still doing for me, so I'm going to try to say thank you in the most genuine way I can for all of their help with the wedding. My parents mean the world to me.
  • Options
    I'm having a hard time deciding also. I love the idea about the bracelets for the moms but not sure about my dad. Not sure what the appropriate cost should be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards