Canada-Ontario
Options

Spanks

So I'm not really sure what the deal is with these... I'm not on the up and up with girly items as I'm very much a tom-boy. Could someone be super nice and explain what they are and why so many girls are talking about getting some for their wedding day apparel??

Thanks a tonne!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Spanks

• Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spanx are shape-wear.  They smooth out any lumps and bumps and help you appear thinner.  So if your wedding dress is especially tight and form-fitting they'll help you look your best in it.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many locations are kiosks and you can't try them on before purchasing them. There is a store in Unionville that you can even bring your dress in to see how it looks with the spanx. There are different kinds to choose from. The store "What Girls Want" is on Main St.

• Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is a corset top so, I'm not wearing spanx but, I wore them for my engagement photos. Basically, it just tucks you in... keeps things neat and smooths out the lumps and bumps.  Depending on your dress, it can be of assistance.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs... if you check out their website, http://www.spanx.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=2992553&clickid=topnav_shapers_txt

you can see all the different types.  Depending on your dress or outfit you might want a bodysuit vs. corset top vs. tummy/thigh slimmers that come up really high, etc.

Like StephieBow said, most wedding dresses have lots of lining, boning, etc. and you might not need spanx for it.  So try on your dress without it first and see - since they can be hot and awkward to take on and off to pee.

They sell Spanx at kiosks in the mall and in some department stores (The Bay?), and I have also seen their sister brand Assets at The Bay.  I have bought some at Zellers that were a different brand, half the price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards