Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Walking Down the Aisle

I'm having extreme issues with who is walking me down the aisle. I was going to have my Dad and Step-Dad both walk me down, but my Dad said that he (and his family) would not come if that was the case.

My original idea was to have my Mom, Dad, Step-mom, and Step-dad all walk me down (the aisle is big enough, I already checked!). My fiance doesn't like this idea, but I think It accuratly portrays the people that had the largest impact on my up-bringing. 

Is this a stupid idea?

Re: Walking Down the Aisle

• Options
    Why not have your groom walk you? Or walk alone? Do you really want a whole crowd going down the aisle with you?
  • Options
    I think having all four parents walk you is over kill.  What about your dad walking you all the way down the aisle and having your step-dad join you half way?  It could symbolize that he joined you later in life than your father, but that he is still important.

If you dad is against that, perhaps your father could walk you down the aisle and when comes to giving you away and have both your step father and your dad give you away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    If its going to cause drama to include your step-dad, I would either walk alone, or walk with your mom and dad (the biological parents) on either side.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    My friend's parents both refused to come to her wedding if the other walked her down the aisle, so she carried pictures of her grandparents in her boquet ( they were both gone by then) and they walked her down the aisle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards