June 2012 Weddings

NWR - What is your funniest roommate experience?

In college, I had a roommate who HATED me.  She was a Jr and I was a FR at the time.  She really made my life miserable, and would go out of her way to be rude to me.  I tried to talk to her about it, but she was very passive/aggressive.  So I wrote her a nice note and appologized for what I had done wrong.  What was her response?

She wrote a note back to me and said if I started acting more maturely and started treating my other roommates more maturely (the other 2 of us didn't have a problem at all!!) then she would CONSIDER befriending me.

LOL nice.  Very mature.
Anniversary

Re: NWR - What is your funniest roommate experience?

• Well if we're saying funniest as in most pathetic.. mine would be when my roommate used my bath towel to clean up her cat's puke/poop and then threw it away. Then lied and said she didn't know where it was.  Even when I saw my towel in the dumpster with cat crap on it.  She said someone else must have thrown away their own towel.  Not to mention we lived in a dorm, no cats were allowed (we were the only ones with cats) and my towels were pretty darn close to one of a kind: I had bout them from JC Penney on clearance through the catalog.  She still claimed that someone else must have an animal and the same exact towel as me and that mine had to be in the room.  how hard is it to lose a pink bath towel?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-what-is-your-funnies-roommate-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b2b7f0e3-ffa8-46c6-801b-cb8a92801a7ePost:e57fe5ea-6299-4e26-8558-fad85ba435cb">Re: NWR - What is your funniest roommate experience?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well if we're saying funniest as in most pathetic.. mine would be when my roommate used my bath towel to clean up her cat's puke/poop and then threw it away. Then lied and said she didn't know where it was.  Even when I saw my towel in the dumpster with cat crap on it.  She said someone else must have thrown away their own towel.  Not to mention we lived in a dorm, no cats were allowed (we were the only ones with cats) and my towels were pretty darn close to one of a kind: I had bout them from JC Penney on clearance through the catalog.  She still claimed that someone else must have an animal and the same exact towel as me and that mine had to be in the room.  how hard is it to lose a pink bath towel?
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]
    That's just NUTS!  I'm glad I never had to have roommates after college! I hate them, and i'm a bad rooommate.

Hopefully, I will be a good wife.  :)
    Anniversary
  • Well my freshmen roommate was the WEIRDEST ever.

Her bed was lofted and mine wasn't, and she lived up there. I'm pretty sure she only got down to go to class...my mom called her bird on a perch. She was so little too (like 4'11" and wore a size 4 shoe - I'm sure she thought I was a giant at 5'8 1/2").

She loved to have the heat on SUPER high and then make microwave popcorn (which she would burn) and have instant coffee...needless to say our room was disgusting and I was always getting sick.

All of that would have been fine, but she loved to watch me change and I woke up in the middle of the night one time and she was STARING at me!! Like full on, leaning over the bed, staring.

After that incident, I moved into the private dorm and had a nice normal roommate who's a BM. :)
  • I only lived in a dorm for a year, but I ended up having two awful roommates.
    The wierdest thing that ever happened was that I came back from class and there was a note on the door saying "Shhhh-Kerry is sleeping". I didn't know who Kerry was, but she was sleeping in my bed! It was so wierd.
    Also, one weekend when I went away, I came back to find a guys pants and shirt folded on my roommate's dresser. They stayed there for the rest of the time we were roommates, apparently she had hooked up with a guy when I was gone, and he left without his pants...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kelsey, I feel like you've told that story before. That's so awkward.

I've never had a roommate.
  • hmmm...well when i was a junior in college we actually would play tricks on each other. Our one roommate was the most fun to get, she was a good sport about it and we always laughed after but the best is also the weirdest.
    Ok so one of our mutual friends was having an issue with her roomate and asked if she could sleep on the couch in our suite. Two of my roommates and I said sure, but the other one wasnt around and we wanted to let her know someone would be sleeping there so she wasnt suprised when she got home. Anyhow somehow we decided it would be fun to play a little trick on her, and she was so gullable haha. Anyhow we called and said "Hey, A! Just wanted to let you know someone will be sleeping on the couch when you get home." A-"Ok who is it?" Us-" Oh its Denise" A-"Denise who?" Us-"This really nice homeless lady we met"...it goes on like that but basically even though she knew our friend Denise she literally thought we had a homeless person on our couch. Until she got home and Denise popped her head out from the covers...hilarious. We laugh about it to this day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my dorm experience was short and horrible. I can't even say that any of it was funny, it was just horrible. Two roommates, both had left me no space (because I moved in last), both were really messy, rude and loud... one of them would always have her boyfriend over. he wore a floor length leather coat and shaved his hed. they'd get really inappropriate (as I'm right there studying) either in their actions or just talking.. discussing what he wants her to get from the lingerie store. I mean, wth, keep it private! nobody wants to know that about you! I seemed to be the only one who's there to study... I was taking 20 credits and working my butt off. quite possibly that is also why the situation was ticking me off so badly. I never got nasty with them. first I just moved to the library and spent almost all of my time there only sleeping at the room. but then even that got impossible, so one day I just packed up and left while nobody was there. I ended up commuting, but that was better than that room of horror.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-what-is-your-funnies-roommate-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b2b7f0e3-ffa8-46c6-801b-cb8a92801a7ePost:d149aff4-ab4d-468e-bfb5-a7cef8bc36d2">Re: NWR - What is your funniest roommate experience?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well my freshmen roommate was the WEIRDEST ever. Her bed was lofted and mine wasn't, and she lived up there. I'm pretty sure she only got down to go to class...my mom called her bird on a perch. She was so little too (like 4'11" and wore a size 4 shoe - I'm sure she thought I was a giant at 5'8 1/2"). She loved to have the heat on SUPER high and then make microwave popcorn (which she would burn) and have instant coffee...needless to say our room was disgusting and I was always getting sick. All of that would have been fine, but she loved to watch me change and I woke up in the middle of the night one time and she was STARING at me!! Like full on, leaning over the bed, staring. After that incident, I moved into the private dorm and had a nice normal roommate who's a BM. :)
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

um wow - CREEPER!!
    Anniversary
  • I'll share: my first college roommates were awful and they didn't want me to move in. The dorms were assigned so none of us had a say in the matter. I came home one day and found they had taken my stuff out of the kitchen and put it in front of my bedroom door (strike 1), then they had a party and someone stole my laptop (strike 2) and I went away for the weekend and found they had eaten all my food and left dirty dishes on my bed (strike 3).

My story goes on:
    I knew someone was using my shampoo and conditioner - I just didn't know who. All three of them used to be really nasty when I asked about it so I decided to find out. What I decided on finally was to put Nair in my conditioner. I blended it and left it in the bathroom and went away for the weekend with my sisters. I found out who was using it when I got back.
    Vacation White Knot
  • melntaitt - omg, that is hillarious!!! :D it seems like after all that, whoever was the thief deserved it! how much of the hair did she lose?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh she lost giant patches all over the place. She ended up just shaving the whole thing - she was pretty hideous with all the funky strands for awhile.
    Vacation White Knot
  • I'm leaving work with this mental image in my brain :D
    Thanks for the giggles!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My freshman year I had a suite mate (my roommate and I shared a bathroom with her) get arrested. I wasn't there to witness it but was told about it later. Apparently she was being watched for a while by I'm assuming the FBI for some seriously illegal activities.

She never came back. All I kept thinking was wow super sad and um hello why didn't they give us a head's up on that?!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My roommate freshman year used to shart.... yes shart. And then she would tell us about it and explain that she had to throw her underwear away.... she thought everyone did it. She was definitely different.... but we are still friends today and she is invited to the wedding. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This was seriously so hilarous!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-what-is-your-funnies-roommate-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b2b7f0e3-ffa8-46c6-801b-cb8a92801a7ePost:cc437e40-1ef9-404f-80c9-05bf31d50d5f">Re: NWR - What is your funniest roommate experience?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh she lost giant patches all over the place. She ended up just shaving the whole thing - she was pretty hideous with all the funky strands for awhile.
    Posted by melntaitt[/QUOTE]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wow, I have so many funny stories.  3 of my bridesmaids were my roommates for at least one year...2 of them were my roommates for 2 years so we have so many funny memories.  I think one of my favorite ones was when I lived in a dorm where we had a courtyard and when you opened our door you were outside.  I don't remember if it was junior or senior year.  Anyways, when the bars were letting out you would hear everyone outside.  One night a guy was running up and down the stairs and down each hallway screaming at the cops saying "my brother is dead, the cops ran over his head".  This must've gone on for about 10 minutes.  My roommates and I opened the shades and just watched.

In that same dorm my roommate (who I didn't get along with) had crazy loud sex for about 5 days straight.  I was right next to her and even the tv couldn't drown it out.  I eventually said something to her.  But the funny part was that when we met the guys that lived downstairs from us they asked us who lived in room F because it seemed like she liked to jump up and down on her bed all night long.

I'm sure my BM's and I will be reliving some of these experiences at my shower this weekend.
  • I met most of my college friends through my freshman year roommate.  I thought she was so weird at first but we ended up living in a suite with some other friends (that I met through her) our sophomore year, and all but one are bridesmaids!

My roommate was a sleepwalker.  Not just a sleepwalker though, she would have these crazy freak-out dreams that there was a man in our room with a bomb and would run around our room SCREAMING at the top of her lungs with her bedspread trailing behind her like a cape.  I cannot do this story justice with words, I wish I could film a re-enactment and post it for you ladies. 

One time she put a dirty sock in our mini-fridge while sleeping.  In one episode she cleared out one of her drawers and emptied a box of tampons into it.  Annnnd the creepiest of all, one time she found a picture on her camera of me dead-asleep.  She came to show me because she thought I was being weird and had my FI take it or something, but it was definitely taken from her bed (across from mine) and she had no recollection of it.  Sketch!  I love her to death though, shes such a character & I'm so happy that the room-matching people put me with her or I would have had such a different college experience!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great stories, agls!!
    Anniversary
  • edited March 2012
    My freshman year I ended up rooming with a girl who was also in the marching band (we both were trying out and were the first two to move in b/c auditions started several days early, so they just put us in the same room). I thought it would be cool to room together, but then I found out she had a BF who decided to sleep over every single night. Fortunately, they never did anything with me around, but I always woke up before them.

Thus . . .  I had to quietly get my clothes out of my closet/dresser and then go into the bathroom to get dressed (the bathroom door was right next to their bed!) I was so afraid that the guy would wake up and see me carrying my bra and underwear (not THAT big of a deal I guess, but I was a lot more shy in those days) or even see me in my pj's without a bra (I'm a DDD, so I had a lot of obvious "bouncing" going on!), so I had to tip toe around my room carefully EVERY-SINGLE-DAY and couldn't even get dressed in my own stinking bedroom. ugh

After the first semester, they broke up and then she started dating someone else. Then things got awesome - she always stayed at the new guy's place, leaving me with my own room most of the time - sweet!
  • edited March 2012
    Ok, here's an actual funny one:

Junior year, my besties and I (they are now my BM!) moved out of our crappy dorm and into an apartment. A few of our guy friends lived downstairs (one BM is now married to one of them). Anyway, one of the guys did maintenance work for the apartments and had access to their supplies, including ladders.

One evening (after dark), this guy and another of his roomies dressed up like robbers with full ski masks. They then proceded to climb up the ladder into our balcony and sneak into our apartment! (we always left the balcony door unlocked b/c we didn't think anybody could get in). They totally freaked us out as soon as we heard the commotion and came out of our rooms! Best prank ever, though, lol!

(Edited for clarity)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards