Flowers

Single Flower Bouquet?

I want to go with just one flower for my BM's b/c I have 6 of them and 2 flower girls.  The cost for all fo them can get pricey so I was thinking of using a single flower dressed up very nicely.  Does anyone have any pictures they can share of single flower bouquet instead of the large traditional bunches?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Single Flower Bouquet?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Its a great option... something showy like peonies, gerber daisies. orchids or big cottage roses .. totally doable!
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's fine. No one will care if it's not a full bouquet.
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To pull off the single flower look, you want a flower with a strong stem such as roses, gerbera daises, calla lilies,  etc.  Fragile stemmed flowerss will wilt quickly out of water.  You also want it to look deliberate so you need to finish the look with an embellishment...a tied bow works very nicely as the fourth picture above shows.  (White rose with purple bow.)   Finally, you will want a location at the reception for the flowers to get a drink....individual bud vases at the bridesmaids seating or a single large vase for all the flowers.

Just as a heads up...that first picture that looks like a giant rose is a designed bouquet where the florist started with a single rose then added petals all around to enhance and enlarge the rose.  It is a beautiful look...but not a budget conscious look. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I am going to see what the florists can pull together for me ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards