Moms and Maids
Options

Showers

i'm fighting with the idea of inviting mothers to the bridal shower. between my groom and I we both have our birth mothers as well as step mothers who we are both close to. she mothers be invited to the showers even the couples shower?
The Future Mrs. Anderson

Re: Showers

• Options
    Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My gut instinct is to say yes, generally all the moms are invited to all the showers just like the BP girls are invited to all showers. 

That said I didn't include my mom on the b-party guest list because I was going out drinking with my girls and that's not the kind of relationship I have with my mom.  Is it really a couples shower or is it more of a joint b-party?  will you be having other older guests like aunts and uncles?  Is it only friends your guys' age?  I've never been to a couples shower, only a couples b-party (although actually they had all the parents there anyway...) so it just depends on the vibe of the event and if you think your moms would be comfortable I guess.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The mothers of the bride and groom should be invited to all showers.

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there bad blood? That my affect my answer. A lot of people get along fine in casual situations, but others, not so much. 

My mom is not in the picture (never really has been) and my stepmom and I do not speak, literally, so I'm leaving that up to my MOH. She can invite her, and she probably will, but my stepmom probably will not come. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    princessmia14princessmia14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No i'm not hosting my own shower my MOH ran into this roadblock because of the tension between my mom and step mom and simply to keep confusion down we were all thinking that maybe the mothers shouldn't be invited at all. But thanks for your input ladies it helps a lot!
    The Future Mrs. Anderson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards